Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
The Position as Lead Quality Engineer- Drive Unit, will be based in Los Angeles, CA and responsible for QA of new drive units being designed as well as production units manufactured at the FF plant.
Basically, you’ll ensure that our Drive Unit system powering our new generation vehicles not only meet the highest level of quality and reliability which FF seeks in its product rather define new levels of quality, customer satisfaction and reliability. We aim to design and produce component/ systems and vehicles which far surpass the perceived quality expectations of our customers.
· As the Lead Quality Engineer (Drive Unit), you’ll be working with some of the industry’s brightest minds to oversee manufacturing quality for the Drive Units providing thrust to new breed of vehicles being designed and produced by FF.
· Work with design and manufacturing engineering in performing studies related to DFMEA/ PFMEAs in order to continuously improve our processes for ensuring best product quality.
· Drive Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of nonconforming product, coordinate and liaise with supplier quality in resolving incoming material quality issues, lead containment & quarantine activities of nonconforming product and incoming material.
· Participate and lead meetings between cross-functional teams (quality, design, manufacturing) to achieve defined quality goals/ objectives. Work with NPI and oversee the implementation of Engineering Change Review (ECR) and deviation processes related to Drive Unit manufacturing line.
· Define requirements for acceptance sampling and in-line inspection activities, support implementation of Statistical Process Control (SPC) for key products, participate in Material Review Board (MRB) to disposition suspect product etc.
· The role’s focus is to interact with design and manufacturing to ensure that DFQ and DFM best practices are built into our product. Work with engineering to define requirement of inline/ offline quality checks.
· Bachelors of engineering in Mechanical, electrical, automotive or related engineering fields.
· 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing field, EV power train experience preferred.
· Knowledge + expertise, and passion for working in field of quality engineering.
· knowledge of automotive power train systems (EV preferred).
· Strong familiarity with Minitab, Excel and MS office programs. Good working knowledge of
· CATIA/ ENOVIA
· Proven expertise with EV power train systems
· Experience with SPC and DOE
· A diverse skillset including leading, working with cross functional teams, problem solving,
· engineering analysis, adapt to new work environment.
· A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driving personal vision
· Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies
· A penchant for multi-tasking and self-starting
· A genuine fascination for the quality engineering field and a commitment to global change
· A true sense of determination… and hopefully a sense of humor
· Working knowledge of SAP
Perks + Benefits
· Stock options for every employee (we are all shareholders)
· Healthcare, dental, and vision benefits (free for you and discounted for your family)
· 401k options (save for your future)
· Engineering orientation and onboarding program (learn, work, and grow)
· Free daily catered lunches and food trucks onsite (eat well on our dime)
· Healthy snacks and beverages 24/7 (satisfy your afternoon hunger pangs)
· 15 days of annual paid time off, 10 days of paid holidays, and 8 days off between Christmas and New Year’s Day (live those weeks on your terms)
· Relocation assistance/reimbursement (we’ll help you start your new life)
· Free parking & carpool reimbursement (save the environment and your wallet)
· Casual dress code & relaxed work environment (your work will speak for itself)
· Frequent social events, happy hours, and team parties (meet your new best friends)
· “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team (global change starts locally)