Faraday Future is named after Michael Faraday, who discovered the principles of electromagnetic induction and the laws of electrolysis even inspiring Albert Einstein as the father of both electromagnetic motors and electrochemical batteries. We are ahead of our time and plan to develop and manufacture the next generation of electric vehicles (EVs) with a concept of a seamlessly integrated vehicle experience.
Position: Senior Firmware Engineer, Battery Management Systems
· Design and develop embedded software, including hardware abstraction and peripheral driver code, algorithms, and control strategies.
· Bring up new boards, including sensors and actuators.
· Provide solutions to complex engineering problems
· A minimum of 10 years of applicable experience in firmware development.
· Hands on experience configuring, trouble-shooting, and optimizing embedded C code.
· Experience with multiple types of industry standard I/O and communications interfaces, e.g. CAN, LIN and Ethernet
· Passion for product excellence and quality.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineering or similar.
· Experience with the Micrium uc-III operating system
· Experience with battery systems or electric drive systems
· Experience with automotive battery systems, battery state/control algorithms and battery management systems.
· Experience working with Git version control.
· Expertise in C/C++ programming, and shell scripting.
· Experience with source code management, unit test, code review, and issue tracking systems.
· Experience developing embedded C for either consumer or automotive markets.
· Experience with ARM architecture device bring up.
· Experience with low level code development, OS deployment and driver code for automotive applications