As the Head of People, you’ll be responsible for bringing the right people on board, as well as keeping them happy, motivated and successful. Reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll shape the culture of the company, enforce recruiting and employment best practices and enable employee growth and success.
In This Role You Will:
- Provide thought leadership and guidance on recruiting, organizational structure, change management, employee relations, training and development, performance evaluation, retention and HR policies
- Manage all aspects of compensation and benefits programs that incentivize and reward our talented teams
- Establish a robust, scalable recruiting process while ensuring incredible client and candidate experience
- Create and maintain meaningful relationships with hiring managers - collaborate with them to customize and execute sourcing strategies and hiring plans
- Full‐cycle recruiting for multiple job requisitions working with multiple hiring managers
- Ensure compliance with all EEO, Employment, Benefits, Payroll and Wage-hour Laws
- Manage and grow the people operations team
- Promote the collaborative and fun startup culture at the foundation of our scaling business
- Be flexible to manage other assignments as they come up
We Are Looking For:
- A natural people leader who loves to empower others
- Proven track record of developing a scalable HR and Recruiting function; ideally in a fast paced startup environment
- Recruiting experience - agency and/or start-up experience preferred
- Experience working with and knowing regulations for contractors, hourly, part-time and full-time employees
- Someone who is creative and wants to develop and maintain a fun startup environment
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
Benefits & Perks
- Join the Early Team and Work Closely with Founders on All Aspects of the Company
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Competitive Salary and Generous Equity Grants
- Daily Catered Lunches from LA’s Best Restaurants with a Stocked Kitchen
- Unlimited Vacation and Sick Days
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Founded in 2015 and based in Los Angeles, California, GOAT is the safest way to buy and sell sneakers. Whether you’re looking to buy rare sneakers, discover new ones, or earn money by listing sneakers you already own, GOAT is your destination. And with an authentication service, buyer protection guarantee and great customer service, it’s the safest option in the industry.
We are backed by some of the leading names in venture capital, including Andreessen Horowitz, Ashton Kutcher, Guy Oseary, Matrix Partners, NEA, SV Angel, Upfront Ventures and Y Combinator.
GOAT will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.