At Paxata, we turn raw data into trustworthy information at the speed of thought. We provide an Adaptive Information Platform that enables business analysts with an enterprise-grade, self-service data preparation system to support the on-demand and ad-hoc business data needs for analytics, operations and regulatory requirements.
Business analysts work within an intuitive, visual application to access, explore, shape, collaborate and publish data with clicks, not code, with complete governance and security. IT is able to support the scale of data volumes and variety, enterprise and cloud data sources, and business scenarios for immediate and repeatable data service needs.
Built on Apache SparkTM and optimized to run in Apache HadoopTM, Paxata leverages automated artificial intelligence, elastic cloud architecture and distributed computing to deliver an immersive business consumer experience that automates the data-to-insight pipeline. The platform can be deployed both on-premises and in public, private or hybrid cloud environments.
Founded in May 2012, Paxata is headquartered in beautiful downtown Redwood City, CA (by the Caltrain station). www.paxata.com, @paxata_news.
What you will be doing:
- Design, implement, and maintain user interfaces that enable customers to understand and intuitively command powerful tools for working with big data, all in a single-page application
- Proactively introduce bleeding-edge libraries and best practices from the frontend development community
- Write end-to-end and unit tests to minimize frontend bugs using Mocha, Protractor, Selenium, and other Angular-compatible frameworks
- Having fun with the leading company in the $12B+ data preparation space
- Demonstrated experience building modern web applications using js/html5/css3 and a client-side MVC framework such as Angular, Backbone, Ember, JQuery or similar
- Track record of writing frontend tests using frameworks such as Jasmine, Karma or Protractor
- Experience or interest in JS visualization libraries like D3, Raphael, and Highcharts
- Experience using at least one server-side language like Java, Scala, C++ or similiar
- 10+ years of experience building production software as part of a software company
- Excellent communication skills -- no one works in a vacuum here
- Strong interest in building a company to last
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision
- Competitive salary + equity
- Flexible PTO- we want the best people but not the best people 24/7. Do great work and enjoy your life enough to come back and do great work.
- Regular town halls and catered lunches.
- Full stocked kitchen with all the snacks, soda and Philz coffee your heart desires.
- Comfortable and fun work environment with ping pong, nerf gun battles and bean bag chairs to kick back in
Why Join the Paxata team?
- Paxata is the world leader in data preparation. Our product is used by companies like PwC, Del Monte, New Relic and more!
- We're backed by global corporate investors including: Accel Partners, Intel Capital, Microsoft Ventures, Cisco Investments, Deutsche Telekom, AirTree Ventures and more!
- We've been voted among the best companies to work for in the Bay Area four years in a row (SF Business Times)
- There are a lot of cool people here. We embrace innovation, open-source, teamwork and pizza :)
Paxata is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.