We are on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD). The goal is to improve road safety and reduce paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, we are poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
About the job:
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you have an amazing opportunity to shape the way we develop our products. We are looking for candidates with a strong software development background and hands-on experience developing complex systems to join our Embedded team. Reporting to the Embedded Software Lead, you will work with collaborative agile team.
- Develop our ELD software
- Create vehicle simulation software
- Analyze network data streams including USB, TCP/IP, UDP, CAN, RS-232, BluetothLE, RFCOMM, 3G, HSPA+, LTE,
- Develop and diagnose network facing software
- Develop automated and manual functional tests
- 1+ year experience as Embedded Software Engineer
- BS in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Proficiency in C / C++ / Python
- Expertise implementing specifications including precise timing and data packaging
- Strong understanding of SOA design principles
- Strong understanding of network design including the OSI model
- Experience writing network facing software i.e. CAN, TCP/IP, UDP, MIL-STD-1553, ...
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience writing tests to validate software in automated test environments
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.