We’re looking for a Senior Case Manager to take ownership of life insurance cases and move them through the underwriting process. You’ll be the point of coordination connecting life insurance carriers, our agents, and other teams at Health IQ. You have superb organizational skills and a keen ability to prioritize your workload to ensure cases are processed, issued, and placed as swiftly as possible. You’re detail-oriented and methodical as you review clients’ applications for missing information (attending physician statements, exams, supplemental forms, etc.) that might delay the progress of their cases. You’ll possess the strong communication skills needed to inform clients of case progress, get missing information and documents, and manage their expectations.You
’ll take the initiative to reviewing “other than applied for” offers to satisfy client needs. You’re excited by the opportunity to use your energy and skills to celebrate the health conscious with us.
What You'll Be Doing
- Fully understand how new life insurance business is processed, from new business submission, requirements gathering, approval and issue, to inforce.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills both over the phone and email.
- Can work independently - with minimal supervision, and also thrive in a dynamic, action-oriented, team environment.
- Are detail-oriented, methodical, and can quickly understand and improve processes.
- Ideally, have a working knowledge of Salesforce and experience with life insurance carrier application sites.
- Have at least 2 years of experience working with an insurance carrier or broker as a life insurance case manager.
Join the Health Conscious Workplace of the Future
To make the world a healthier place, we started in our own backyard. We created a health conscious environment that allows each of our employees to reach their own personal health goals. Below are a few of the employee-led programs that make working at Health IQ truly unique.
1. Personalized Lunch Program
A healthy diet is never one-size-fits-all. That’s why every person at Health IQ gets to order their own custom-built lunch every day. That way, whether you’re vegan, low-carb, dairy-free, or just craving salmon, you can customize the perfect lunch for your unique dietary needs.
2. Nutritionally Supportive Environment
Anyone who has tried to stay healthy knows it’s hard to stick to your particular nutritional goals throughout the day with soda, chips, and sugary treats all around you. So we provide our employees with quality food and snack options, like a limitless supply of organic nuts, fruits, and veggies instead.
3. Optional Midday Fitness Time
Instead of the usual ping pong table, we’ve dedicated space for our employees to enjoy yoga, spin bikes, exercise equipment and other wellness activities. Everyone gets 30 minutes each day to focus on their health – whether it’s time for a walk, using the exercise equipment, or daily meditation.
4. Work / Health Balance
Health is not just about eating well and exercising regularly. It’s also about maintaining a healthy mental balance. So while we still work hard to grow our startup, we try our best to end our day around 5 or 6 pm, so that everyone can eat dinner at a healthy hour, spend time with their kids, or get in an evening run.
Join our team!