VimpelCom - one of the largest telecom groups in the world, operating in 14 markets and headquartered in Amsterdam - is looking for Senior Manager Business Control and Analysis, to join our Finance team in Amsterdam.
The Sr. Manager Business Control & Analysis will be the key interface of the HQ Financial Planning and Analysis team (FP&A) with all Business Units (BU's) and Operating Countries (OpCo's) of the VimpelCom Group within his geographical area of competence. The Sr. Manager Business Control & Analysis will effectively partner with each BU's/OpCo's under his/her responsibility, to provide support to, challenge and inject rigor to and reality into the budgeting and forecasting processes of the Group, by working closely with the local teams and the FP&A department. He/she will also participate in and help prepare for monthly and quarterly management reviews with the BU's/OpCo's, providing concise financial analysis of the financial results to be integrated into the Monthly and Quarterly Management reporting managed by the FP&A team, and in general, improving the visibility of key opportunities/risks and help to drive corresponding actions to realize/ mitigate same.
- Supervise and support HQ and local management with business steering and deep-dive analysis of dedicated OpCo's via respective governance platforms (OPB, GEB, Corporate Committees, etc.)
- Act as an early warning mechanism on dedicated OpCo’s performance for GEB and Corporate Committees.
- Set-up and develop strong business intelligence on the dedicated OpCo's and markets (including competitive analytical reviews, deep insight into the operations, understanding of financial, commercial and technical policies, processes and analytics).
- Act as an account manager for BU CEO and CFO from HQ Finance to support processes of business planning and budgeting, management reporting and analysis, forecasting.
- Facilitate good working relationships with counterparts in the BU's/OpCo's.
Participate in development of Group reporting, performance analysis and business controlling processes, KPI's and formats in close cooperation with respective Finance functions.
- Support management in setting performance standards (strategy, budget & benchmarks) for dedicated OpCo's, with deep operational and industry insight.
- Lead cross-functional “Red Team” analytical OpCo's reviews on budgets, business plans and strategic positions, in close coordination with the Planning and Analysis team.
- Actively contribute to establishment of planning, budgeting and forecasting framework & flow of information within VimpelCom that is efficient and enable value-added analysis in close cooperation with Planning and Analysis team.
- Lead regular business analysis and control (weekly, monthly, quarterly) for dedicated OpCo's in close coordination with the Reporting team
- Prepare regular financial and operational reviews/memos for the management to accompany the internal reporting pack.
- Closely cooperate with Finance, Commercial and Technology counterparts in HQ and BU's/OpCo's to understand drivers for the results in order to prepare qualitative statements.
- Support preparation and provide analysis for the quarterly competitive reviews and relative performance ranking.
Actively contribute to establishment of reporting framework & flow of information within VimpelCom that is efficient and enable value-added analysis in close cooperation with Internal Reporting team.
- 3-5 years of experience in managerial positions in the Telecommunications industry in the area of Business Control; or Financial Planning and Analysis, or Managerial reporting, or Commercial Planning, Analysis and Business Intelligence (positions either in large-scale telecommunication companies or international business consultancy firms with solid track record of projects in Telecommunications) .
- Strong financial background with deep understanding of commercial and strategic framework in telecom (or vice versa).
- Excellent track-record in managing cross-functional teams for business-plans, budgets, operational performance challenging.
- State-of-art knowledge of telecommunications market, KPI's and processes.
- Managerial experience on both HQ and OpCo levels within a multinational environment is a key advantage.
- Understanding of IFRS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.-
· Communication and social skills
· Financial acumen
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at VimpelCom.