This is an internship for PhD level applicants only.
Light is pioneering the era of the software-defined camera. Powered by sophisticated computational processes, software-defined cameras deliver intelligent, high-quality imaging at cost-effective, global scale. Light’s first product, the award-winning L16 Camera, has eliminated the quality or convenience dilemma that has plagued photographers for a century. Light’s foundational technologies, including its Lux Capacitor camera control chip and its Polar Fusion Engine for multi-image processing, are licensed for use in applications like smartphones and beyond. To learn more about Light, visit light.co
This is your chance to join our expert technology development team and gain domain expertise with a completely new kind of camera tech.
what you will do...
- assignments related to computational photography algorithm development that are aligned with your research interests
- publish your work!
- collaborate with our world-class research team
what you bring to Light...
- off the charts coding skills, advanced C/C++ is mandatory
- experience with post production of photographs in Lightroom or Photoshop
- obsession with photography and camera tech
- research expertise in image quality and image processing techniques
- work on relevant topics in your PhD. studies
- YOU MUST BE IN A DOCTORAL PROGRAM
benefits of a Light internship...
- gain domain expertise in disruptive camera tech
- test drive new consumer products before they are released to the public
- collaborate with an accomplished team of research scientists
- apply your research to a variety of commercial products, see your research out in the world!
- join a diverse team led by highly successful entrepreneurs, best intro to startups to see if this is right for you!
- get in early on a potential full-time role after you graduate
This full-time role based at Light's Palo Alto office. Only PhD's will be considered.
Want the latest news about what our team is up to? Have a look here:
We appreciate your interest in Light!
Individuals seeking employment at Light are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.