Smartcar is helping create the app ecosystem for connected cars. We are building the first standard API that enables businesses to build connected car apps and services that communicate with a vehicle. We empower everyone — from startups to Fortune 500 companies — to deliver innovative connected car experiences.
As our business development lead, you will work closely with our CEO to expand our partnerships with OEMs with a singular focus on navigating the OEM sales cycle and contracting process.
We'd love for you to join us.
- Work with the CEO to negotiate and close agreements and sales with the OEMs.
- Manage Smartcar's OEM accounts.
- Enhance and provide insight to our pricing model used with OEMs.
- Thoroughly understand our OEM customers, their needs, their challenges, their interests, and how our offering adds value.
- Input into pricing and packaging strategies; identify, review and respond to RFPs.
- Package the Smartcar platform into marketing materials for OEM sales.
- Relay learnings from OEMs back to Smartcar’s engineering team.
- Strengthen company's relationships with OEMs.
- Contribute to the growth of the team: interview, hire, and train up other reps.
- Ensure pipeline is moving forward by maintaining constant communication with OEM contacts.
- An ability to have a thorough technical understanding of Smartcar's platform.
- The skill set to effectively pitch Smartcar to representatives at every level.
- The role and responsibility may change as the company grows.
- 2+ years experience in automotive account development, planning and strategy across research, and production departments at automotive companies.
- 2+ years experience work with legal to review and analyze agreements and contracts.
- A deep understanding of how an OEM operates including who the key decision makers are, what approvals are required, and the best way to sell into these organizations.
- Experience negotiating and selling SaaS software contracts to OEMs.
- Excellent ability to organize and present information to senior leadership and key stakeholders on product and sales teams.
- A robust network of contacts into multiple OEMs.
- Ability to travel overnight to customers in U.S., Europe, and Asia.
- Maintain a strong grasp of trends facing the automotive industry.
- Strengthen the company's mission statement, push for inclusiveness of a diversity of cultures, and respect common values.
- Familiarity with software engineering
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.