WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
Looker is seeking a Solutions Architect to work within the Looker customer success organization strategizing, building, and maintaining our internal tools and systems. This role sits within the Customer Success organization, contributing to the tools leveraged by the team for operational and analytical purposes. You will deliver technical leadership, coupled with a deep understanding of business intelligence and data modeling, thus ensuring overall adoption and driving greater business value and satisfaction. In the customer facing aspect of this role, you will be asked to share your knowledge and best practices related to Looker, as a data platform architecture with customers. Your expertise will be leveraged for customers with complex use cases and multi-faceted projects.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Assess use cases for various teams within the client company
- Analyze the customer's data model to extract KPIs
- Extend a data model around stated use cases to simplify data transformations
- Take a consultative role and guide clients on optimizing their data environment to work most effectively and efficiently with Looker. This may include advising on database performance, altering the ETL process, providing SQL transformations, discussing API integration, and rethinking the approach of certain KPIs
- Assist the customer in integrating Looker with other enterprise tools such as authentication and authorization management systems
- Teach technical data modeling concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, data architects, business users, and IT professionals
- Document and communicate product feedback in order to improve user experience
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- 5+ years of software implementation/services experience, preferably in the Data Analytics space
- Experience negotiating bureaucratic organizations while troubleshooting integration issues
- A passion for exploring data and extracting valuable insights
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting expertise
- Proficiency in SQL, preferably across a number of dialects (we commonly write MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, SQL Server, and Oracle)
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Preferred: Exposure to developer tools/workflow (e.g., git/github, *nix, SSH); Experience troubleshooting operations issues; Optimizing database/query performance; Experience with AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift); Experience with business intelligence tools with a physical model (e.g., Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos); Experience with data warehousing; Exposure to NoSQL-based, SQL-like technologies (e.g., Hive, Pig, Spark SQL/Shark, Impala, BigQuery); Experience teaching
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a complete data platform that offers data analytics and business insights to every department, and easily integrates into applications to deliver data directly into the decision-making process. The company is powering data-driven cultures at more than 1200 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, First Round Capital, Sapphire Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, on Twitter, Facebook, G+ and YouTube.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage like-minded individuals to join us in changing the way businesses use data.