HTH is seeking an enthusiastic on-call School Lunch Assistant for a part-time position as a member of the High Tech High School Lunch Program. Amongst other duties, the School Lunch Assistant will be responsible for serving lunch to our students at one of our school sites. The School Lunch Assistant will also be working under the supervision of the Food & Nutrition Services Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Heat and serve prepared food as part of the Hot Lunch Program
• Take meal counts at point of service, conduct a monthly edit of meal counts, and submit reports to Food & Nutrition Services Manager
• Manage cash and check deposits for School Lunch Program and ensure all monies received are handled in a manner to prevent loss.
• Assist in the monitoring and review of lunch program procedures in order to maintain compliance with the National School Lunch Program guidelines
• Determine production quantities, complete daily production reports, and maintain records to report to the National School Lunch Program
• Follow safe and sanitary food handling procedures at all times
• Ensure that food service equipment is maintained to meet the needs of the operation
• Ensure daily maintenance and cleanliness of serving area and equipment
• Monitor safety policies and procedures
• Ensure proper sanitation and disposal of food products
• Supervise students to ensure that procedures for maintaining high standards of sanitation and hygiene in the storage, preparation, and service of food are followed.
• Maintain a positive, professional demeanor, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams and independently.
• Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Food Service training and experience preferred
• Ability to obtain Food Service and Sanitation certification
• Ability to read, write, and communicate with students and staff
• Must be physically able to perform the duties required by the position
• Food Handlers Card desired, or the participation in such training will be required as a condition of employment.
• Familiarity with Computers, E-mail, POS systems, and Microsoft Word and Excel
• Indoor and outdoor setting
• Designated computer system area within a kitchen facility
• Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
• Hearing and speaking to communicate and exchange information
• Lifting up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate POS computer programming equipment, hot and cold food items, and overall computer usage
• Leaning and bending abilities to clean equipment, and lift all food items into proper health safety areas
The compensation for this position will be $14 per hour.
Interested individuals should submit an updated resume and at least two references.
An offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check. HTH is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of HTH to afford equal employment and advancement opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, or any other classification that is protected under applicable local, state or federal law.