What are Unicorn Booty and Hornet?
UnicornBooty.com is the fastest-growing online LGBTQ magazine for politics and pop-culture. Combining punchy journalism, pop-sugar and social media, we connect readers to cutting-edge queer culture through a rapidly expanding social network of artists and adventurers around the world. Unicorn Booty's content
Unicorn Booty's content also connects with Hornet, the fastest growing dating network for gay men in the world. Hornet is a mobile location-based people discovery app with social features unseen in the competition. Hornet connects 15 Million users worldwide and are growing rapidly, leading with the best technology in the business while advocating for gay men and their health globally.
- Assists editors and staff with writer recruitment, new hires, contributing writers and development of contributor training course.
- Researches and contacts events, conferences, businesses, venue owners, promoters and others for media and branding partnerships associated to Hornet’s promotion and expansion.
- Oversees creation, improvement and release of e-mail newsletter.
- Coordinates editorial/event calendar with editor and content team for development of contemporary cultural content across all social media platforms.
- Develops presence on editorial content on various social media platforms, distributes contents on these platforms, and measures KPIs including engagement and distributed reach.
- Submits content into LGBT, national, international, and category specific awards and conferences.
- Assists editor with hiring of all new staff on content team and helps coordinate quarterly evaluations and annual performance review and raises.
- Attends weekly content meeting for assigning, scheduling story ideas.
- Assesses and improves site functionality with project manager, consultants and development team (including the use of web tools to help improve content development and performance overall.
- Coordinates social media tagging, e-mail notifications and press releases germane to all One Hornet content.
- Manages translators
- Researches and uses viral/trending tools to help develop content and direct social media posting strategy.
Skills, Experience and Education:
- A college degree or equivalent professional experience in online journalism.
- Friendly and outgoing, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A smart, creative, self-starter who is passionate about journalism; has a creative vision, voice and style; and seeks to challenge the status quo.
- Proven social media savvy (please include links to your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr, if available)
- Ability to learn quickly and work well with others in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments simultaneously under deadlines.
- Experience with WordPress (or similar CMS software), PhotoShop, iMovie (or similar video editing software), Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Google Docs.
- A nuanced understanding of LGBTQ media, pop-culture, politics and history, especially in regards to intersectionality and civil rights (both domestic and international).
- Please include quantifiable numbers, examples and links to your past successful social media campaigns.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Hornet Networks.