Makita is a worldwide leader in the professional power tool industry. Over the past 100 years we've built a reputation for using the finest raw materials, the most advanced manufacturing equipment, and the most rigorous quality testing in the industry. Headquartered in La Mirada, CA, Makita U.S.A. has been bringing Makita's best-in-class engineering advantage to professional power tool users in America since 1970.
Reporting to the Content Project Manager, you will support and influence key initiatives for the development of e-commerce as it relates to Makita’s online retailers. This position requires extreme attention to detail and organizational skills, persistent timeline management, and the ability to effectively communicate with internal department managers and customer teams.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide enriched product landing pages for all items available to specific accounts
- New item setup and SKU maintenance through e-commerce dealers account portals and spreadsheets; projects will be structured by category: Power Tools, Outdoor Power Equipment, Pneumatics, Accessories
- Existing item set up through retail account portals
- Scrub “live” items across e-commerce dealers to ensure consistent content and digital assets
- Develop cohesive digital marketing strategies for promotions and new product launches
- Maintaining proper brand representation across all e-commerce sites
- Maintain creative assets on ecommerce retailers – videos, images, diagrams, etc.
- Knowledgeable on social media and ecommerce; ability to help create, monitor and track retail channel campaigns
- Write, edit, get approval and post approved responses to retailer ecommerce Q&A portal; maintain database of all posted Q&As
- Manage, coordinate shipping and track product reviews (ex. SEEDs)
- Ensure ecommerce retailer Makita brand pages stay fresh and updated; coordinate updates and refreshes
- Provide marketing support to the sales team
- Provide support as needed on special projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Marketing or related field
- A strong enthusiasm for and a passion about marketing a best in class product
- Must be internet savvy and have experience with e-commerce
- Strong interest in social networking
- Knowledgeable on digital media (twitter, facebook, youtube, instagram)
- Effective project and organization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Work collaboratively and efficiently as a team member
- Ability to deliver creative and innovative thoughts
- May be subjected to working extended and/or irregular hours
- Position is required to sit for intermittent periods of time with occasionally being required to stand, walk, bend, stoop or reach
- May occasionally be required to lift, push or pull files or boxes up to 75 lbs.
- Able to work with power tools, accessories and related materials
- Able to work in an environment that may be subjected to occasional loud noises, hazardous materials, chemicals, etc.
- Tuition Reimbursement