As a Technical Support Representative you will be responsible for assisting customers who call into the Makita Call Center by answering basic technical questions regarding Makita's (OPE) out door power equipment and power tools, and or services, route calls based on customer needs, resolve customer complaints and inform customers of promotional products/services as needed.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for answering 50-90 customer calls related to the Power Tool Industry and (OPE) Outdoor Power Equipment per day in a timely manner while ensuring superior customer service is delivered at all times to all customers both external and internal.
- Investigates customer complaints about products.
- Examines pertinent information to determine accuracy of customer complaint and to determine responsibility for errors.
- Notifies customer and designated personnel of findings, adjustments, and recommendations such as exchange of merchandise, refund of money, credit of customer's account, or adjustment of customer's bill.
- Communicates with customers by phone or via email.
- Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files.
- Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from source documents into computer following format displayed on screen, and enters necessary codes.
- Compiles, sorts, and verifies accuracy of data to be entered.
- Files or routes source documents after entry.
Applicant Qualities Desired:
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Develops project plans
- Completes projects on time and budget
- Responds promptly to customer needs
- Bilingual a plus. (Spanish preferred)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Manages competing demands.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly & on time.
- Excellent communications skills in person, over the phone, and in writing.
- Willing to work different shifts as needed on a routine basis.
- Must be a team player.
- Associate’s degree (A.A) or equivalent from 2 year college or technical school; or 2 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- .Knowledge of power tool equipment and application
- Must be proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office Programs.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Prior experience in a call center work enviroment a plus.
- Out door power equipment or repair experience is a plus.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be required to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand & walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Education Reimbursement