Looking for a summer gig? You’re in luck.
Firespring is one of Nebraska’s fastest-growing technology companies and we’re looking for a few rockstars to join our Lincoln office in the summer of 2017. In corporate speak, we provide print, marketing, software and IT solutions to businesses and nonprofit organizations. But nobody gets excited about corporate speak, so here’s the real scoop.
- Located in Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska, we bask in the Silicon Prairie.
- Firespring only hires passionate, ambitious people—the type that will “bring it” every day.
- We work hard, we play harder.
- Once a year, we shave our heads together. (An optional activity, of course.)
- Inc. Magazine named Firespring one of the “50 Best Workplaces” in America. We like them too.
- We love to give back to the community. In fact, every full-time Firespringer receives a paid day off every month to volunteer for a nonprofit organization of their choice.
- We serve nearly 9,000 brands, businesses and nonprofits in all 50 states and 12 countries across six continents. I guess you can say we get around.
That’s the skinny on who we are. Now we want to tell you about who we’re looking for.
Software Engineering Intern—pretty straight forward, don’t you think?
But Firespring looks for something different in the interns we hire. In addition to producing some stellar code, our engineers work in a highly collaborative environment. Our average day is spent coding, interacting, laughing (probably at Wendy) and exceeding the expectations of our clients. In our opinion, that’s the perfect workplace.
If you agree, read on.
- Collaboration is huge. If you're a team player, let’s talk.
- We value innovative web programming and interactive development. If you have the skills, be ready to prove it.
- In the fight against perfection paralysis, you give your absolute best to meet deadlines, yet you’re still willing to release your project into the wild when the time comes.
- You’re not a fool. You know constant learning is the key to staying on top, and you’re not afraid to learn a few new things.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary—Hourly, we like to take care of our interns and your parents will like that you don’t need to hit them up…as much.
- Hours—20 hours/week, flexible
- PTO—Not yet, rookie.
- 401(k)—See “PTO.”
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it—that’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room that includes shuffleboard, a pool table, a foosball table, a Ping Pong table and more. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun.
- Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soda, tea, lemonade and beer (of course only if of age). And don’t worry about your duds—casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled intern friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won't be considered. Seriously.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.