4Finance is a market leading financial services business. We are a relatively young business experiencing considerable growth across the countries in which we currently operate and have big plans for further expansion.
Our solutions rely heavily on the automation of loan applications and processing without human interaction. The main challenge is to ensure the web interface, back-office, as well as both desktop and mobile applications are integrated seamlessly together and with various 3rd party solutions. Currently our team consists of over 150 progressive IT specialists and based on our year on year growth we are looking to add additional experts to our family.
Why should you want to work with us?
- Exciting development and operations technology stack (think Ruby, ReactJS, Groovy, Java, Spring, Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Logstash/Elasticsearch/Kibana, Graphite, Zabbix, New Relic, Amazon AWS, PostgreSQL), using the latest in development approaches.
- Be part of a high-growth company with startup mentality bringing massive long-term benefits.
- If you share our enthusiasm and commitment to succeed, you will be rewarded as we grow.
- Your hard work will be rewarded through opportunities to build you skills, quickly evolve your career, travel to new frontiers and create new friendships.
- We have centers in great locations such as: Prague, Warsaw, Vilnius, Riga and we promote frequent visits to meet your extended families!
About the position
We are looking for a smart, self- starting person with Linux operations or development background to take core role in our international, multi-location engineering team. We're living in the Cloud. While we don't manage low level hardware and networking, we have got lots of challenges to provide a rock solid infrastructure platform for our business applications. There are many possible areas where you would be able to express your talents in this role, for example, participating in development projects by providing infrastructure and IT operations expertise; automating infrastructure and application environments; configuring and maintaining CI systems and Continuous Delivery pipelines; supporting development teams with your unique operations knowledge; contributing to platform architecture implementation. We practice DevOps. Developers are actively involved in all systems life cycle phases, yet you would be the one who's responsibility it is to build and maintain stable infrastructure platform and tools for one of the leading, fast growing and innovating FinTech companies in the World.
- Deep knowledge in Linux/Unix systems administration;
- Great communications skills (you would communicate with other people a lot);
- Fluent written and spoken English (our environment is multi-location and multi-national);
- Bash scripting (Knowledge of higher level languages is a plus: we use Java, Groovy, Python);
- SQL database administration and management experience (We use PostgreSQL and MySQL);
- Ability and habit to use Version Control System (we use Git);
- Understanding of software delivery concepts;
- Experience setting up and configuring monitoring systems;
- Preferred experience with configuration management and automation tools (We use Ansible);
- Preferred experience of using Amazon AWS (or other Cloud infrastructure provider);
- Preferred experience with CI/CD systems (We use Jenkins and Go CD);
- Knowledge of best practices of IT Operations and building highly available and scalable systems.
- Building and maintaining tools that help us to deliver software fast and safe;
- Participate in development projects by providing infrastructure and IT operations expertise;
- Automate infrastructure;
- Maintain business critical application environments, ensure that our systems are running healthy, stable and following best practices;
- Configure and maintain CI systems, CD pipelines and test environments;
- Working closely with Infrastructure, Information Security and Development teams in building stable, secure and agile systems;
- Support and coach developers in using our infrastructure;
- Cultivate healthy DevOps culture;
- Continuously improve environment.