Ranker is growing! Do you like reading and talking about makes the internet buzz? Do you want to make your voice heard, and the thought of having a platform on a Top 50 content site excites you? If so, we want to meet you!
We're currently looking for the right person looking to become the next Host / Writer to join our growing (and fun) video team with exposure to millions of viewers across the country. We love talking about all the cool stuff that gets all the likes and retweets, from pop culture to horror to video games, to name a few.
The type of videos we make are hosted videos, text-based videos, and a few sketches thrown in for good measure.
Here is a sample of the types of videos we produce: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Ranker/videos
As our On-Camera Host / Writer:
- Write several short form video scripts (45 to 60 seconds) to inform and entertain the audience about current and timely subjects across a diverse range of subjects
- Be an entertaining and engaging personality on camera and having fun
- Continuously collaborate and brainstorm with other bright, funny (and fun), and talented writers and producers about new and great topics (as well as several bad ones)
We're looking for:
- A total pop-culture junkie, passion for Internet culture, and a voracious appetite for other topics like tech (the nerdier the better), video games, horror, etc...basically a passion for a wide range of topics that people love talking about
- An outgoing personality who enjoys being on camera to thousands (and sometimes millions) of people
- The ability to be at the office by 7:30 AM (or earlier)...it's already 10:30 in New York by that time, and we're looking to get a jump start on the day's events.
- Someone who's looking for an actual career...this is a Full-time, in-house position, and we're looking to invest and develop those folks looking to work in technology-focused entertainment companies
- A Bachelors degree is required; BA in Communications, Film, etc works, but a really bizarre major would definitely be interesting
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience creating videos with YOU in it...even if you think your videos are lame and only your dog has watched them
- A really diverse and rich cultural background, or more specifically, the ability to connect with a very wide demographic...you definitely score points if you've traveled around the world
- A comedy, sketch background is a plus, but note this is not a writer for comedy sketches -- primarily video blogs and text based videos that are almost certainly all over your Facebook news feed as we speak.
- An ability to lock in and write scripts quickly while collaborating with a team is a plus as well. We tend to move fast around here.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of the best and funnest team (at least that's what we say) at a fast-growing, mid-stage media startup
- Competitive compensation including salary, bonuses, and meaningful equity
- Full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off
- Work on a wide variety of projects across the entire platform
- Work in a very casual workplace conveniently located in the Mid-Wilshire district, minutes from Beverly Hills, Miracle Mile, and the 10 Freeway
**SORRY, NO RECRUITERS**
Ranker is a data-driven media company, the #1 online destination for opinion-based, crowdsourced rankings of everything. The company's technology is centered on user engagement, turning its lists into the “best possible rankings” via the wisdom of crowds. A Quantcast Top 50 site, Ranker attracts more than 30 million monthly unique visitors, and outperforms almost every other publisher in time-on-site per visit. As a result, Ranker is a treasure-trove of consumer sentiment data with more than 250 million votes gathered to date on over 100,000 unique items, generating a deep and precise interest graph which the company is launching as a B2B tool in 2016 to augment the existing ad-based business. Ranker is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.