Modus (www.modusagency.com), a digital innovation studio based in New York with offices in Buenos Aires and Manila, seeks a mid- to senior-level UX Architect to contribute to our growing reputation for industry leadership, digital innovation, and excellence. We research, design, and build digital experiences that transform business and reinvent industries.
At Modus, UX Architects work with strategy, design and development leads to create and implement world-class applications, intranets and web experiences. They create web, tablet, and mobile experiences, gather business requirements, identify user needs, and present ideas to clients.
What your role requires:
- Participating in analysis of user needs and business objectives, including client and user interviews
- Collaborating with creative and technical leads to shape creative strategy and conceptual design of applications and websites
- Organizing and spearheading user testing, including interviews, focus groups, and usability testing
- Communicating with the client to present, sell-in, and work through Information Architecture concepts and deliverables
- Assisting in the translation of business and user requirements into functional and design recommendations
- Conducting reviews of existing applications/sites based on usability best practices and prepare reports of findings and recommendations
- Creating meaningful, usable organization of information and functionality; organizing content and developing categories, naming schemes, and navigational hierarchies to ensure an intuitive user experience
- Producing site maps, content maps, and wireframes to communicate the information structures and functionality of sites and applications
- Collaborating on user interface designs through the development of paper, screen, and functional prototypes
- Working in close collaboration with designers and technologists, devising and implementing test plans for new designs, participating in both live and online focus groups, and analyzing user navigational patterns; coordinating site concept, visual design, writing, interface and navigational structure of site
- Fostering communication among designers, writers, and technologists through all stages of design. Preparing creative documentation describing how the proposed site architecture, concept and design reflect the strategy and target audience of the website or application
Skills and Expertise
- Strong understanding of and substantial experience in wireframing: user interviewing, usability testing, sitemapping and flowcharting, information design, and human factors
- In-depth knowledge of internet technologies and interactive capabilities
- Substantial experience in structuring information experiences
- Deep experience working with end users to discover their needs and behaviors, then developing digital experiences that meet those needs
- Expertise in prototyping (paper, digital, and html), detailed wireframing, and usability testing
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in written form and in presentations to clients
- Understanding of web design principles and technical capabilities of the web
What your background looks like:
- BA/BS (or equivalent) required. Masters preferred. Concentration in cognitive science, human factors, new media or related field a plus
- Minimum of 4-6 years interactive agency or consulting experience and have lead the IA component of at least 3 large web development projects
- Experience with large, templated sites as well as tablet and mobile design
Modus offers a great work environment, competitive salary, training courses and certifications, working with the latest techonologies, premium health care plan, flexible hours, and other fantastic benefits.
If you are self-motivated and enjoy being part of a diverse team of talented people, apply now!