Job Title: System Engineer
Reporting to: Infrastructure Manager
Contract/ Permanent : Permanent
Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you interested in taking ownership and accountability? You are interested in working in a young and successful organization, building tomorrow’s E-Commerce infrastructure that will support the new Group platform generation.
Smartbox.com is seeking a passionate senior system engineers to contribute to the success of their Dublin HQ IT team.
Key Responsibilities :
- Fine tune performance, build capacity planning and troubleshooting infrastructure ensuring that systems and data are operational 24x7x365
- Perform troubleshooting and repair work at a hardware and software level
- Diagnose, isolate, troubleshoot and solve unusual or highly technical problems under pressure
- Design, implement and manage storage/software systems
- Manage Virtualization infrastructure
- Provide accurate effort-estimates for deliverables
- Collaborate to complex deployments and support resolutions with systems engineers, operational support staff and engineering development staff
- Contribute to hiring engineers and to growing the team.
Essential Competencies/ skills :
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of Linux within an enterprise level environment(exposure to Windows systems is an advantage)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of Vmware
- Provide assistance with automation of software installation processes.
- The candidate must have experience with:
o Systems integration and architecture focusing on high availability and resilience of services
o Virtualisation environments (preferably VMWare)
o Storage (SAN and NAS)
o Systems security
o SMTP (preferably Postfix)
o Backup system
o Scripting (shell, Python)
o Troubleshooting from wire up to application level
o Data centre environment (capable to deploy and look after h/w)
o Network experience is an advantage
o Experience with Cloud computing and IaaS is an advantage
- A strong customer focus, happy to work under pressure, outside the box thinking, friendly and open team player.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
Other jobs at Smartbox Group