2017 MBA Intern, Business Operations
California Bay Area (San Francisco and Sunnyvale)
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream internship? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
The Business Operations (“Biz Ops”) team tackles high-priority strategic questions throughout the organization. The Business Operations MBA Intern will partner with leadership in a variety of functional areas to drive top and bottom line impact through objective analysis, operational insights and strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate will be highly strategic, driven and analytical, and passionate about technology in general and LinkedIn specifically.
- Be an expert and distill direction: Develop deep expertise of your business line through analytical and strategic thought leadership in an unstructured environment
- Maximize business performance: Lead in-depth strategic and operational analyses for our leadership that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives and decisions
- Create connective tissue: Comfortably work with and share knowledge among various cross-functional teams, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Data Science and Executive teams
- Manage business performance: Understand and regularly manage business performance through dashboards and data that you create or gather, and drive cross-functional resolutions to operational issues
- Forecast business performance: Create and manage forecasting models for products, initiatives and the broader LinkedIn ecosystem, in close collaboration with relevant product/business teams (team dependent)
- A student currently enrolled in an MBA program and returning for your final term or year following the summer internship.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent years of field related experience
- Students must have the ability to participate in an 11-12 week summer internship program
- 3+ years of experience at a management consulting firm, technology-focused investment bank, or operating experience in consumer internet or technology related industries
- SQL experience a plus
- Problem solver: High-level problem solving and analytical skills, combined with sharp business judgment and exceptional ability to communicate cross-functionally.
- Independent self-starter: Ability to be highly productive with limited oversight on day-to-day basis. This role is intended for somebody who is motivated to take meaningful responsibility and initiative for shaping and executing upon our strategy and operations.
- Structured thinking: Develop and leverage frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, facilitate alignment on key strategic decisions among various stakeholders, and identify the 80/20 opportunities to reach insightful, actionable answers without boiling the ocean with analysis overload.
- High-energy, team-first, positive attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analysis and presentation skills: Ability to efficiently develop high quality analyses and presentations using advanced Excel/modeling and PowerPoint and the natural ability to communicate key insights are essential.