2017 MBA Intern, Product Marketing Manager, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream internship? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
Do you want to identify massive, needle-moving opportunities and partner with product managers to successfully bring them to market?
The Product Marketing Manager Intern within LMS is focused on driving acquisition of and deeper engagement among LinkedIn members and paying customers, across an assigned product area. This individual will be responsible for strategically informing the product roadmap, and supporting product launches and other go-to-market initiatives.
- Define the market opportunity for LinkedIn related to your product segment
- Perform validation and segmentation strategy to inform roadmap prioritization and go-to-market planning
- Drive product naming, messaging and positioning through qualitative and quantitative research
- Manage beta and pilot programs for new product launches to assess customer adoption criteria and influence feature prioritization for launch
- Quarterback product launches and build the go-to-market strategy to include the right mix of content and channels to drive awareness, consideration and purchase
- Develop competitive benchmarking and content to position against other platforms
- Partner with the sales training teams on the field sales enablement plan and with the marketing communications and demand gen teams to bring product narratives to life via integrated campaigns that drive pipeline and support revenue goals
- Compile customer testimonials and case studies for external and internal use
- A student currently enrolled in an MBA program and returning for your final term or year following the summer internship
- BA/BS degree or equivalent years of field related experience
- Students must have the ability to participate in an 11-12 week summer internship program
3-5 years experience in marketing roles at a top consumer technology company
- Expertise in understanding and communicating customer segment profiles and characteristics, and putting that knowledge to good use to improve consumer internet products
- A compelling communication and writing style that brings consumer internet products to life
- Hands-on experience with email marketing applications and online advertising platforms
- Some experience with online community and content related products
- Proven ability to test and optimize multiple campaigns in short cycles
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, designers and creative agencies
- Detail-oriented focus and exacting in quality
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to accurately evaluate campaign performance
- The successful candidate will be both creative and analytical, with a determined, collaborative and resourceful style that’s contagious. Extremely focused on intelligent, scalable ways of working
Be intellectually curious, always looking for new learnings that make products better
- Enjoy technical/analytical marketing techniques and obsess over data and results
- Be hands-on, hard-working and always keen to iterate and improve
- Communicates effectively, both written and verbal
- Uses data to win additional investment in their projects