PRIMARY EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVES
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for four shifts of manufacturing operations within the Newport facility. The ultimate objective is to provide people centric leadership and process management needed to ensure that the Armor Manufacturing Teams meet demand requirements on time, at best cost and with world-class quality while maintaining a safe work environment. This role will be responsible for the development of the Manufacturing Teams and the strong utilization of lean tools such as Visual Management, 5S, Leader Standard Work, Process Flow Mapping and Structured Problem Solving.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all Production Activities to achieve Revision’s production goals
- Through leadership, training and mentoring, grow and maintain an outstanding team with a focus on high quality and responsiveness.
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset throughout the Manufacturing organization with focus on visual management, standard work and structured problem solving
- Responsible for a safe work environment and recommending and implementing safety improvements as needed.
- Ensure production schedules are achieved to support assembly operations and customer requirements.
- Responsible for meeting production and manufacturing requirements.
- Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective action for non-conformances in performance or quality.
- Provide proper training, including cross training that ensures efficiency and productivity and supports employee growth.
- Implement and manage a training matrix with focus on plant wide staff utilization and growth
- Maintain training records.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise in daily production activities.
- Working with the Manager, Plant Operations, oversee hiring, employee documentation, reviews and manpower planning.
- Be a team member for new product development and process improvements.
- Participate in cross functional improvement activities in support of company objectives.
- Ensure appropriate processes are followed through Standard Work audits and make recommendations for improvements.
- In collaboration with engineering and quality, develop and maintain production work instructions and SOPs.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 8+ years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment with teams of 25 or more
- Experience working in a combination of manufacturing/assembly environments a plus
- Ability to lead the staff in a collaborative and accountable positive team atmosphere.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to accomplish objectives with effective organizational skills that support corporate goals.
- A high level of demonstrated technical proficiency and aptitude.
- Open-minded, willing to learn new things, and innovative in thinking and problem-solving.
- Prior military experience a plus.
- Position requires a person who is self-motivated and proactive.
- Excellent knowledge in the use of lean tools and experience in the implementation of lean thinking in a manufacturing environment, including Leader standard work, Pull systems, Visual management, 5S, A3 structured problem solving.
- Proven leaderships skills with coaching and mentoring employees and leaders
- Highly motivated problem solver and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and ERP software.
- Familiarity with working in an ISO environment.
Behavioral competency Requirements
Work environment (include physical requirements)
- Strong manufacturing floor presence with long periods of standing.
Revision Military provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Revision Military complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.