The Quality Control Chemist I is mainly responsible for the routine laboratory experiments executions, Lab equipment calibrations and preventive maintenance, preparation and/or revision of QC relevant SOPs.
- Performs QC Lab activities by following relevant present SOPs.
- Prepares and revises QC relevant SOPs, associated training materials.
- Prepares reagents that are to be used for analysis. Standardizes volumetric solutions by using standard written methods at specified intervals.
- Analyses products, raw materials, packaging materials and stability samples according to laid down procedures in Impax testing methods.
- Records analytical data and results in notebooks, logbooks, Specification and Quality Assurance Report and laboratory analysis forms accurately. Records results in a trending monitor perspective.
- Performs calibration and preventive maintenance activities of Lab equipments, in accordance with set methods and procedures.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to Laboratory Supervisors or deputies for repair.
- Alerts Laboratory Supervisors or deputies verbally in the event of any result not meeting Impax specification or of any questionable results generated.
- Ensures adequate stocking of Laboratory reagents and consumables, through monitoring re-order levels and timely notification to Laboratory Supervisors or deputies.
- Records expiry dates of analytical reagents developed in-house by noting the expiry date on container or document.
- Handles and disposes dangerous materials, such as arsenic, cyanide, and concentrated acids, in accordance with standard safety practices.
- Records regulated toxic controlled chemicals usage and disposition in accordance with standard predetermined procedures.
- Maintains neatness of laboratory that following the concept of 6S – Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain, and Safety.
- Executes assigned experiments to support investigative testing and investigation activities.
- Perform in a continuous improvement attitude to meet the predetermined KPI.
- Follows the training program schedule to complete the directed training courses.
- Completes delegated tasks by the agreed completion date and treats as commitment.
- Attends weekly laboratory meetings or delegated meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Team Lead or Supervisors or company.
- S. or higher degree in science or Pharmaceutical Science (pharmaceutical experience preferred). Major in Chemistry education is preferred.
- Laboratory operation experience at school class as minimum is required, chemical laboratory is a plus.
- Computer skill such as: Word, Excel, etc.
- Database knowledge is a plus.
- English reading and understanding is required. Fluent speaking and good writing in English is a plus.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Impax.