SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Simulating/modeling RFIC systems at high level and working with System Architects, Modem/DSP and BB ASIC engineers to partition functions between HW and SW domains.
- Deriving specifications for the RFIC subsytems and circuits.
- Develop RF/Microwave circuits in state of the art SiGe or CMOS processes.
- Perform IC floor planning and layout.
- Modeling of package and external parasitic components.
- Evaluate and characterize prototypes of the design.
- Characterize and analyze full radio performance.
- Assist in the development of automated test lab equipment for lab measurements.
- Work with manufacturing engineers on production testing and qualification of the RFIC components and systems.
- Masters of Science degree in electrical engineering.
- 2+ years of work experience. A combination of industry experience, internships or research experience is acceptable.
- 1+ years of experience in simulation tools such as ADS, Spectre, HFSS or Momentum
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in electrical engineering with emphasis in RF/Microwave integrated circuits design or analog IC design.
- Strong circuit design skills, and experience performing analysis and simulation of both linear and non-linear circuits such as phase-locked loops, vector modulators/demodulators, oscillators, mixers, filters, low noise and power amplifiers.
- Knowledge of digital communication systems, spread spectrum, single and multi carrier techniques and modulation types such as QPSK, APSK and QAM.
- Knowledge of RF transceiver architectures.
- RF/Microwave design in the Ku-band, K-band and Ka-band frequency range.
- Familiarity with radio related test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers, vector signal generator, network analyzers.
- Experience characterizing radio performance in microwave frequencies.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.