SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
NDE (NON-DESTRUCTIVE EVALUATION) LEVEL II – PENETRANT INSPECTION TECHNICIAN
A NDE Level II Inspection technician position at SpaceX sits within the quality control network supporting production as part of the NDE organization within the QA department. The NDE function is organized within focused production area cells alongside the production activities utilizing multiple and varied inspection methods to efficiently provide quality control and protect product reliability.
- Perform surface inspections with Dye Penetrant materials
- Interpret and evaluate results on a range of different weldments, castings, forgings, and materials produced from different methods
- Perform Visual Inspections
- Communicate and report findings to production & Engineering
- Interpret and review engineering drawings as required
- Support the development of NDE inspection techniques for complex geometries
- Assist in training and developing others within the team
- Support research and development in to system qualification and certification for critical processes
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Level II Non-Destructive Technician
- NDT Level II certification in line with ASNT TC-1A/NAS-410 guidance in Dye Penetrant and Visual Testing
- Operational experience in the use of a range of facilities / tools including manual application, dip tanks, electro static
- Experience in the use of florescent materials such as Method A and C
- Experience in the inspection of advanced materials such as High Strength Aluminium Alloys, Precipitation hardened steels, Inconel Titanium & Maraging Steel (Super Alloys)
- Experience in the interpretation of AMS, AWS / ASME, ASTM standards
- Experience in inspecting products made via manufacturing processes such as: MIG, TIG, EB, Orbital Tube Welding, Friction Stir Welding and Laser welding
- NAS 410 Level II certification in Dye Penetrant and Visual inspection
- Radiation Safety trained
- Knowledge of NASA 5009 standards
- Problem Solving tools and techniques: Practical Problem Solving (PPS), 8D
- Basic understanding of lean principles: 5s, Kaizen, Continuous improvement initiatives
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft applications – word, power point, excel
ITAR Requirements:To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted, bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run.
- Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends if needed
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at SpaceX.