Whistle was born out of our love for pets. As the world’s first technology company dedicated to helping pets live longer and happier lives, we build solutions for common problems faced by pet parents everywhere. Whether a pet is an escape artist, an avid adventurer or a happy couch potato, Whistle provides information and insights to help ensure both pets and their people stay healthy and happy for years to come.
Our current market-leading products include a cellular-enabled GPS tracker and a WiFi & Bluetooth-enabled activity monitor. We do all design and development in-house, from PCB design to embedded software, data analytics to mobile apps. Our pack thrives on solving hard problems in nimble teams.
Backed by the largest petcare company in the world, Whistle is positioned for growth as we continue to evolve our product offerings and add to our very dynamic team. If you believe you have what it takes to work in a highly independent, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility is a must, then Whistle might be the place for you.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build out new applications and features for our web apps, mobile apps and our device. You'll play an important role in building out applications that support our mobile apps, partner integrations, customer- and internal-facing web experiences, and scaling our platform as our number of customers grows. As our team grows there's lots of opportunity to grow into team or technical leadership, so consider growing with us!
- Architect, plan and develop beautiful, functional web experiences for customers, partners and internal users using React and Ruby on Rails.
- Scale our platform to accommodate the growing number of Whistle customers.
- Collaborate with our mobile engineers to develop back end features and work with APIs for our mobile applications.
- Perform estimates and work breakdowns from design specifications.
- Work with a TDD process across engineering and QA to ensure high product quality.
Here's what we're looking for in a strong candidate:
- 2+ years of experience building Ruby on Rails applications in production.
- Experience with TDD and RSpec.
- Experience working on an engineering team.
Extra treats for:
- Experience building high quality web applications at scale.
- Experience building production Node JS applications.
- Previous work experience at a product company or development agency.
- Experience writing or working with REST APIs.
- Experience caring for a dog or other pet.
We don't just reward in kibble. Here's what we're offering:
- Competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, and 401K options.
- Dog-friendly office and lots of opportunity to use our product of course :).
- Commuter benefits.
- Unlimited vacation so you can relax and recharge when you need it.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks, and lunch catered daily.
- Monthly and quarterly company and team events.
- Want to speak or attend an industry-related conference? Go for it! We'll cover the costs.
Whistle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer