THE ICONIC is a truly unique brand. We entered the market in 2011 with the vision of defining the future of fashion retail. Since then we have created a brand known throughout Australia by connecting 20-35yr old shoppers with the best fashion and sports product through the most inspiring and rewarding shopping experience.
THE ICONIC stands for benchmark-setting experiences (3HR delivery, access to over 700 top brands, market-leading shopping app), for impassioned communities (connecting Australians fashion and sports lovers through digital innovation), and for our love of the newest in fashion from our 700+ leading local and international brands. We want to inspire Australians and New Zealanders to constantly explore new sides of their identity, and have a whole lot of fun doing it.
- “We Dream Big” – “You will challenge the status quo, bringing passion, innovation and creativity to the wider ICONIC team.
- “We Are True to our Customers” – you will be inherently passionate about customer impact, both external and internal customers, and will constantly challenge yourself and the team to deliver more customer value
- “We Get Things Done” – you do not want to work in a cumbersome organisation, you want to work in an agile high-growth company. You lead with the right balance of planning and pragmatism.
“We are Stronger Together” - You will be part of an experienced team working collaboratively to inspire the broader organisation towards a united vision.
About the Role
The Category Admin is in fact one of the most important members of the Category Management Team, 100% accuracy is a prerequisite of the role.
At this entry level position we expect the Category Admin to gain a sound knowledge of the buying and merchandising functions whilst developing their understanding of the importance of on-time deliveries, product critical paths, supplier relationships, customer wants and needs and competitor activity etc etc
What is essential to succeed and progress at this level are the behavioural and operational elements of the role evidenced by continuous development of oneself i.e. people skills, job skills, completion of all task in a timely manner and understanding the implications of not performing within the role and completing task in a timely manner.
Operates as a Administrative Assistant across Buying & Merchandising
- Prepare for Trade - Weekly BSL's Overall, & By Category + Intake Summary on 1 pager
- Order Form Entry & Upkeep (includes fortnightly variance with UOT checks)
- Issue Resolution - Resolving Credit Notes, Revised Invoices, QA's etc…will include liaising with other departments to ensure issues resolved.
- STD BSLs & WSLs for Supplier Meetings, Showings, & Buys
- Intake Management/Tracking - Chasing suppliers, assisting BO where necessary with issue and rolling orders following approval of the Buyer.
- Marketing SKU lists – Weekly
- Brand Launch One Pagers for Marketing - prior to arrival in F/C
- Supplier Sales Reports & Commentary (Select Brands) – Weekly
- Monthly Marketing Priorities Document - liaising with buyer to ensure all key trends/messages are covered
- Raising PO's for replen, and non EDI vendors
- WR’s & QA’s for non EDI vendors
- Weekly - Not-Visible Stock Report/Investigating Why stock is offline?
- Tracking/Chasing International Deliveries - Making sure collection requests are booked in and commercial invoices/packing lists are correct
- Uploading all brand banners for all accessories brands
- Supplier Images - Requesting, & renaming as SKU's, and preparing for retouching
- Resolving & addressing all product related queries from production, CS, Logistics, Content (SKU Issues Included)
- Monitoring images onsite and making to suggestions to the buyer for product re-shoots, & model shots - Checking newness daily
- Assisting in the development of junior members of the team
- Requesting all brand marketing assets i.e. logo, banners, campaign images
- Works to the product critical path to ensure product is requested and photographed prior to launch with an understanding this will maximise sales potential for the brand.
- Keeps the Buyer & Planner fully informed at early stages on intake and confirmed repeat dates with an understanding that if delivery dates are not achieved sales cannot be met.
- Evaluates the importance of our business to the supplier and uses this as a negotiating tool
- International Supplier Deliveries - Tracking & ensuring collection requests are submitted in a timely manner, checking commercial invoices & packing lists for International Suppliers
Gathering and Using Relevant Information
- Accompanies the Buyer on visits to bricks & mortar/ on-line competitors to assess their ranges in detailed focused way to see what is selling well and identify gaps in offer
- Takes interest in assessing competitor/designer trends to suggest opportunities for target customers
- Uses cross divisional and cross departmental links to gather information and identify opportunities to develop within own role and improve working practises
- Initiates cross divisional meetings to discuss specific issues and draws up actions plans
- Proposes ideas for projects/promotions to relevant functions/CM and follows through to completion of project/promotion
Assists in the Management of the Supply Chain/ Brand Base
- Continually communicates information on supplier base and offers insight to Buyer on speed, reliability, flexibility and quality and assists the team in evaluating their performance regularly
- Understands the importance of building strong and professionally reciprocal links with suppliers and maintains a professional friendly manner in all circumstances.
- Involves important suppliers in the business by ensuring they understand how the division works
Behavioural Competencies and Team Management
- Leads by example
- Proactively seeks mentors for their own development
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of their own areas of opportunity/ development
- Motivates and supports other members of the division and presents themselves as a potential mentor and key figure within the wider business
- Shares their knowledge and experience openly with team members
- Builds inter-departmental relationships with colleagues and senior management
- Nurtures a supportive and respectful relationship within CM whilst simultaneously working to ensure that this is reciprocal
- Embodies THE ICONIC statements of “we are stronger together”, “we get things done”, “we dream big”, “we are true to our customers”.
What sets you apart from the rest?
- You're true to your customers and passionate about WOW-ing them every day
- You don’t just deliver what’s expected, you dream big and are obsessed with making improvements
- You simply…....get things done. Enough said.
- You've got your colleagues’ backs because you know that together, we are stronger