We believe in the power of content to move people and inspire them – to start conversations and win them over. Content can only live up to its potential if it can be easily found, shared, and used in the right place, at the right time, with the right audience. Showpad activates content for sales and marketing teams of over 850 companies around the world, including Johnson & Johnson, Fujifilm, Intel, and Kimberly-Clark. We won’t stop until every company has the opportunity to accelerate their business and elevate their brand through effective content.
About the position
As VP of Products reporting to the Chief Product Officer you will own our global product roadmap playing an essential role in our go-to-market strategy. You will drive the understanding, definition and analysis of specific market needs and know how to translate these needs in a tangible product roadmap. Besides that it is your responsibility to deliver on our roadmap, ensuring we only bring the highest quality product to the market. To be successful you will need to build and meaningful relationships with both the engineering, customer success and marketing teams in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Key responsibilities as a VP Product Management at Showpad
- Drives the overall product vision and strategy globally
- Operational responsibility for a global product team and reporting to the CPO
- Evangelizes our products and our vision to the outside world
- Provides thought leadership in our overall market segment
- Develops and maintain the core relation with our engineering department
- Acts as a spokesperson for the company with press, analysts, and other stakeholders
- Provides input to the executive leadership team and participates in decisions pertaining to the overall company direction
- Owns the product roadmap
- Ensures the continuous delivery of product features and enhancements with input from customers, partners and other stakeholders
- Manages the end-to-end product release cycle from concept to release
- Provides design inspiration that results in a visually captivating product
- Provides sales enablement and competitive/market impact analysis
- Evolves operating and production standards, processes and metrics
- Builds a strong team of product managers, product designers and product marketing managers including leadership, management, recruiting, training and ongoing coaching
- Inspires and empowers team to build great products through collaboration
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for
At the minimum
- Passionate about building great products; takes extreme pride in the products that are built
- Fanatical on customer success; considers the customer feedback loop as a cornerstone of product management
- Comfortable switching between strategic and tactical topics; not afraid of getting into the details and getting hands dirty
- Experience in managing a team.
- Understanding of the enterprise SaaS space with experience developing B2B SaaS applications from concept to product release
- Highly skilled in translating customer and market requirements into clear roadmap deliverables
- Strong business acumen; knowledgeable in pricing and packaging models; capable of creating detailed revenue models
- Strong communicator and an evangelist who can influence internal and external audiences alike while building and retaining a world class team
- Decisive and results oriented but is always willing to solicit ideas/feedback from the larger team
- Gets things done without getting mired in bureaucracy
- Former technical background is preferred; must be tech savvy at a minimum
- Willingness to travel to our other offices globally (+-20% of the time)
What you can expect from Showpad
On the outside, we’re redefining how sales and marketing use content; on the inside, we’re redefining the workplace. Showpad is a global company where personalities and cultures across oceans collide to create something extraordinary.
In the morning we’re drinking San Francisco Blue Bottle coffee with Portland doughnuts; in the evening – Belgian tripel Westmalle and English scones.