GP Energy Management, a Genscape, Inc. company, provides a suite of risk management and transaction advisory services for electricity and natural gas retailers and generators. These services include outsourced trading, demand forecasting, portfolio management and optimization, settlement tracking, fuel and REC procurement, licensing support and compliance reporting. For more information: www.gpenergymanagement.com
GP Energy Management (“GPEM”) is seeking a talented and driven analyst with a strong interest in the power, gas & renewables markets looking to develop their career in the energy industry.
You should view this as an opportunity to get your foot in the door, become a subject matter expert, and build your knowledge and experience for a career in the energy industry, portfolio management, and/or commodity trading. This role will encompass some client interaction and will help answer specific questions on content and analytical methods related to the GPEM’s products and services.
GP Energy Management is one of the country's premier energy risk management and outsourced trading companies, and if you're interested in joining a growing, fast paced team of Analysts and Portfolio Managers, we'd like to talk to you…
A Day in the life of a Markets Analyst at GP Energy Management will include the following:
- Researching information related to the power, gas & renewables industry.
- Quality assurance and report generation focused on variances between market valuation sources and GPEM’s proprietary data.
- Managing risk and credit exposure reporting daily and continuously improve the level of granularity provided to the team and clients.
- Manipulating large datasets and determining correlations and relationships between potential market drivers and client risk positions.
- Data acquisition, data reporting, and chart/graph creation, primarily using Excel.
- Improving current processes by automating critical tasks using technology (visual basic, python, etc) or coordinating with GPEM’s engineering team to develop new applications to improve workflow.
- Providing general support for Portfolio Managers and clients in their daily process via phone, IM, and email.
Over your first 30 days in this position, you know you’re successful if you:
- Have gained a strong fundamental understanding of the workflow associated with transacting in the energy markets.
- Have established yourself as a key resource for market updates in various energy markets.
- Have taken ownership over a number of analytical reports and processes.
- Are able to assist with quality assurance analyses.
To land this position:
- You should have a Bachelor’s degree in math, economics, computer science, or related work experience.
- You should be highly dependable, team oriented, and pride yourself on a strong work ethic (we operate 365 days per year and need everyone to contribute)
- You must be highly quantitative with the ability to do thorough analysis on the go.
- You will need to be fully proficient in MS Excel (vlookups, hlookups, formula relationships, pivot tables, macros, etc.).
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You should be organized and comfortable multi-tasking in a time-sensitive, high-pressure environment.
- You must have analytical, qualitative and logical problem solving skills.
- You consider yourself to be a unique problem solver with a ‘why not’ attitude.
- It would be great if you have experience with any programming language, personally or professionally.
This job might be for you if:
- You are obsessed with detail and data quality.
- You have past experience with research and market analysis.
- You are an excellent communicator, both with clients and with your team.
- Also, if you are comfortable handling a fluid and demanding work environment, which often coincides with a startup environment, than this will be a great position for you.
- As a team, we value creativity and a strong work ethic. You must have the ability to work well in a team, as well as autonomously.
Once you land this position, you’ll enjoy:
- A fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and annual bonus potential
- An awesome office location
- A company that offers a strong focus on work life balance
- Plenty of paid time off
- 401k and a full benefits package that begins on your first day
- The ability to customize your own career path