Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony PlayStation is seeking a Senior Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) Engineer to join a world-class information security team. The Security Incident Response Engineers are responsible for not only active investigations related to incidents in our environment, they are also the first point of escalation for both internal and external security investigations. This team is a highly technical team, with extensive hands-on role in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The candidate will need to have a good mixture of deep technical know-how as well as a background in information security concepts. The Sr. Security Incident Response Engineer is also responsible for the on-going development and improvement of intrusion detection rules, incident response plan (IRP), processes and procedures and other department related documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responding to critical incidents, threats, vulnerabilities and bring these issues to resolution.
- Document and communicate findings, escalate critical incidents, and interact with customers.
- Improve and challenge existing processes and procedures in a very agile and fast moving information security environment.
- Participating in project meetings and performing security design reviews - from high level application architecture to configuration of OS level parameters to meet security goals.
- Escalation point for internal and external stakeholders.
- Continually create new knowledge base articles and pattern discovery to be used for discovery, alerting and detection.
- Act as mentor and guide for SIRT members and for SOC Analysts.
- Detailed Investigations using multiple tools and methods to correlate and analyze relevant events from host and network device log files.
- Able to perform digital forensics investigations and malware analysis.
- Perform live response data collection and analysis on hosts of interest in an investigation.
- Research and incorporate relevant threat intelligence during the investigation and in written and verbal reports.
- Perform hunting activities to search the network for indicators of compromise using all available security tools and systems.
- Able to perform case management duties.
- Position includes on call responsibilities.
- Maintain current knowledge of tools and best-practices in advanced persistent threats; tools, techniques, and procedures of attackers; and forensics and incident response.
- Leverage and expand the capabilities of existing analytical tools and technologies; recommend new technologies as appropriate
Required Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years’ experience in a hands-on technical role working within the Information Security Field, with emphasis on Intrusion Detection, Incident Response, Digital Forensics and Malware Analysis.
- Excellent understanding of operating systems (Windows, Linux, OS X) and web applications.
- Experience with and knowledge of packet flow, TCP/UDP traffic, firewall, IDS/IPS, proxy technologies, antivirus solutions, protocol analyzers, vulnerability scanners, endpoint monitoring tools.
- Proficient with one or more scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PowerShell etc. in an incident handling environment.
- Experience in digital forensics and tools associated with the task such as EnCase, FTK, GRR Rapid Response, X-Ways, Volatility, Rekall.
- Experience in reverse engineering malware and tools associated with the task such as IDA Pro, OllyDbg, Radare2.
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Intrusion analysis, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics, Malware Analysis concepts and methods.
- Proficiency with case management and ticketing systems.
- Basic knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform.
- Ability to effectively work across multiple groups within Sony.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner, as well as to set and manage expectations with senior stakeholders and team members.
- Experience in a global “FORTUNE” level corporation.
- A strong ability to multi-task and manage varying priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, high attention to detail.
- The ability to analyze complex problems, quickly develop creative solutions, and adapt to a fast paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Splunk.
- Experience in security engineering such as security device installations, configurations, troubleshooting (e.g. IPS, WAF, etc.).
- Familiarity with network and application penetration testing.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Cyber Security, Intelligence studies or equivalent degree preferred.
- One of more certifications such as GIAC GCIA, GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, GREM are a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.