Let’s go inspire 100 million people to learn anything they can imagine. Let’s go inspire 100,000 instructors to share their knowledge with the world. Let’s go help 10,000 businesses to change the way their employees learn.
Learn. Empathize. Take Ownership. ‘nnovate. Show Passion.
Get Stuff Done. Open Up.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 14 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by mastering new skills on Udemy. Through our global marketplace, we connect lifelong learners around the world to the largest selection of online courses created by expert instructors, and we’re just getting started.
We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Dublin, Ireland, and Ankara, Turkey. Compensation includes full-time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits including healthcare, commuter benefits, parental leave, and an unlimited vacation policy.
Udemy is looking for Sr. Site Reliability Engineers to help build a new SRE organization based in San Francisco, CA.
- Champion site reliability, security and robustness while balancing developer requirements.
- Be effective in a distributed team through strong communication.
- Improve and maintain processes for systems infrastructure and app deployments.
- Be responsible for uptime, performance, and quality of service and participate in on-call schedule as first line of defense.
- Help Udemy to build-out and automate a world-class infrastructure
- Continue learning and developing your skills at Udemy.
- Have a big impact in a small but growing ops team.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other engineers.
You will need to have:
- Expert-level knowledge of Linux administration and performance tuning.
- Production systems experience with large-scale web operations environments, preferably in a hybrid datacenter + cloud configuration
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, or SaltStack and deployment automation.
- Excellent coding skills with Python
- Solid hands-on experience with AWS.
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration frameworks such as Mesos and Kubernetes.
- Willingness to "go the extra mile" when needed.
Specific experience in these would be a bonus:
- Working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Background in application development is strongly preferred
- MySQL, Elasticsearch, Memcache, Redis
- Nagios, Munin
- Datadog, Mixpanel, New Relic
- Other monitoring & alerting systems
- Akamai, CloudFlare, Fastly
- Django, Flask
- Nginx, Apache, Varnish, HAProxy
- CentOS Linux
- Circle CI, Selenium
- Git, Github
Udemy in the News:
Bloomberg: Naspers Invests $60 Million in U.S. Online-Learning Firm Udemy
TechCrunch: Udemy Raises Another $65 Million To Help Anyone Learn Anything
Wall Street Journal: Udemy Raises $65 Million to Become Netflix for Education
Bloomberg: Why LinkedIn Is Tapping Into Online Education
Forbes: Closing The Skills Gap: How Udemy Is Helping Anyone Learn Anything
SFGate: Company culture, collaboration is focus at Udemy