Vimeo's mobile and TV engineering team is responsible for ensuring our mobile and TV apps perform above and beyond industry standards for our users worldwide. We were the very first video-sharing site to support high-definition (HD) uploading and playback, and we continue to build the most innovative ad-free online viewing experience out there. Want to aid us in future innovation? Please do, as an engineer for Vimeo on HTML5 TV applications.
So crack your knuckles, flip on your TV/gaming console/OTT-box (or be like us and use them all), and get ready to bring the best of Vimeo to where it belongs, the best screen in the house.
What you’ll do:
- Help shape the future of Vimeo on internet-connected TVs, media devices, STBs, gaming consoles and more
- Contribute new ideas and innovative strategies to help define and push the boundaries of content consumption on TV
- Write clean code in an Agile environment
- Collaborate with a tight knit team of designers and developers to define, design and ship new features and functionality
- Brainstorm, architect and implement solutions to tough problems
- Work on a cross-platform application designed to provide access to Vimeo via TVs around the world
What we’re expecting:
- Technical experience working on a consumer-facing product
- Keen eye for design and pixel-perfect implementation of design into code
- Experience with version control (we use Github) and bug tracking (we use Jira)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Driven, curious, self-motivated, excellent communicator and collaborator
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field, or comparable experience
- Experience building TV-based applications
- Experience building audio/video applications
- Experience developing within a dynamic web environment - Python, PHP, Ruby on Rails, etc. PS - it’s ok for you to venture on the server side code to get the job done
- Comfortable with Babel, Webpack, and Gulp
- Familiar with Web Component spec
- Obsession with unit, UI testing, and analytics
- Strong portfolio or public code (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
Vimeo’s mission is to empower creators to make, share and sell amazing videos directly to viewers worldwide, in the highest quality possible and with no interruptive advertising. Vimeo is home to the world’s leading video creators and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them. We’d love to welcome you to both our team, and our community.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, Inc is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).