Vimeo's mobile and TV engineering team is responsible for ensuring our mobile and TV apps perform above and beyond industry standards for our users worldwide. We were the very first video-sharing site to support high-definition (HD) uploading and playback, and we continue to build the most innovative ad-free online viewing experience out there. Want to aid us in future innovation? Please do, as an engineer for Vimeo on Roku.
Fire up your TV, and get ready to bring Vimeo to the most popular OTT device on the market.
What you’ll do:
- Help shape the future of Vimeo on TV platforms, by rebuilding the Vimeo channel on Roku
- Contribute new ideas and innovative strategies to help define and push the boundaries of content consumption on TV
- Write clean code in an Agile environment
- Collaborate with a tight knit team of designers and developers to define, design and ship new features and functionality
- Brainstorm, architect and implement solutions to tough problems
What we’re expecting:
- Experience with Roku’s BrightScript, or a keen excitement to learn it
- Total command of memory management
- In-depth experience with networked applications
- Experience with version control (we use Github) and bug tracking (we use Jira)
- Keen eye for design and pixel-perfect implementation of design into code
- Obsession with unit, UI testing, and analytics
- Experience contributing to a production application
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Driven, curious, self-motivated, excellent communicator and collaborator
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field, or comparable experience
- Experience building TV-based applications
- Experience building audio/video applications
- Solid background in object-oriented programming for the web (PHP, Python)
- Strong portfolio or public code (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
Vimeo’s mission is to empower creators to make, share and sell amazing videos directly to viewers worldwide, in the highest quality possible and with no interruptive advertising. Vimeo is home to the world’s leading video creators and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them. We’d love to welcome you to both our team, and our community.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, Inc is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).