This role is to join the Game Design team at MZ Game Studio and will report in to our Game Design Director and collaborate with our team of game designers.
You should be familiar in mobile game design, have knowledge of MMOs, and virtual-goods based business models, and have monetization understanding. You will be responsible for designing new features and content for our mobile games. Your designs will be felt and experienced by tens of millions of global players in the future. This is your chance to leave your legacy and be part of gaming history!
What you'll be doing:
- Create content and features for released live games and unreleased titles in development
- Synthesize Theme, Game Mechanics, Monetization, and Social Features into an integrated product
- Foster creative and scalable design solutions
- Work collaboratively with Design Leads, Designers, Project Managers, and cross-functional teams to facilitate well planned and executed features
Your background and who you are:
- Must be organized in the game design workflow from initial concept to final release and post-release support
- Must be proficient in Excel, and able to provide visual designs or rough mock-ups in an art program of your choice (i.e. Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketchup, etc.)
- Strong analytical abilities and are able to synthesize game-play data to improve the game as necessary
- Experience with multiple aspects of game design discipline: concept, game progression, combat, interface, monetization, and playability testing
- Experience designing online and social game feature-sets
- Have MMO experience with games based on a virtual-goods business model
- Pride in creating a high-quality, addictive experience
- A desire to be part of a small team that achieves its vision quickly
- An ability to embrace an environment that iterates constantly - where good ideas triumph quickly
- Understanding complex systems and technical background a plus
- 3 years of game design experience in mobile and free-to-play
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or Game Design
- People skills: Be a reliable team player with the ability to communicate effectively and constructively
- Process: Have a solid understanding of how all aspects of design production work and how best to accomplish each task
- Industry: Have experience in game production or design for iOS or Android
Other jobs at Machine Zone
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Machine Zone.