THE COMPANY: HAUTELOOK (www.hautelook.com)
At Nordstrom Rack and HauteLook, we help shoppers score amazing deals on top fashion and lifestyle brands – all with the greatest of ease. Located in downtown Los Angeles, we’re a rapidly growing group at the intersection of fashion and technology.
· Nordstrom Acquires Flash Sales Site HauteLook For $270 Million
· Did you know Nordstrom Rack never had a website — until now?
· Hautelook’s mobile team gets it right
· Our Story
THE OPPORTUNITY: DIRECTOR, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Nordstromrack.com|HauteLook is the largest retail e-commerce company in the Los Angeles area. Nordstrom Rack is one of the leading and fastest growing off-price retailers in North America. HauteLook is the leading Flash Sale destination. We launched Nordstromrack.com on a common platform with HauteLook in 2014. The combined customer experience and business has been enormously successful and seen incredible growth.
We are seeking a seasoned, visionary and passionate e-commerce product management leader to be the product owner for all backend e-commerce technology development. You will manage a team of product managers who each work with an engineering team on Tools, API’s and Search. This is a critical position at the very center of our business. As the product owner for all backend development, you will be uniquely positioned to engage with all our customer facing development teams (websites and apps), business leaders and stakeholders here in our LA office, as well as our colleagues in the Nordstrom technology teams in Seattle.
This is an incredible opportunity to work with a dedicated and dynamic team that collectively owns the digital shopping experience for a world-class brand. You will also be tackling problems with cutting edge technology solutions (e.g., building new keyword search with Scala and Solr) and top drawer engineers.
Our ideal candidate has a commitment to delivering nothing but the best customer experience, a passion for web product development and an interest in the future of retail. If you are excited to be at the center of the growth engine of an incredible retail brand and company, this is the place for you.
· Lead a dedicated team of product managers – your direct reports – as well as provide leadership and direction to the overall backend team – engineers and PM’s.
· Develop a strong collaborative working partnership with Engineering leadership.
· Create, drive and own the product roadmap for the backend development teams.
· Work with executive and department stakeholders to understand the needs of the business related to merchandising and production tools, search, API’s and backend services.
· Create a product strategy that maximizes the productivity and impact of your dev teams and the product team as a whole and evangelize throughout the organization.
· Develop a deep understanding of the company’s end-to-end business processes and how they relate to technology.
· Work collaboratively with other product owners and engineering managers to manage dependencies on cross-team projects.
· Build and maintain excellent relationships with business stakeholders in Los Angeles – Merchandising, Production, Finance, Customer Care – as well as with peers and executives at Seattle corporate headquarters.
· Coach, grow and guide your product management team.
· Act as the product visionary for all the backend teams. Search – optimizing performance, relevancy, suggestions, personalization and enabling and creating new features. Services and API’s – the critical backend of the e-commerce business – cart, checkout, returns, integrations with Nordstrom HQ, etc. Tools – develop NextGen retail management systems, merchandising tools, etc.
· Deliver new functionality while maintaining existing services with high performance and reliability.
· Maintain knowledge of competitive products and experiences.
· Gracefully accept feedback from stakeholders and maintain flexibility as product requirements and priorities evolve.
· Effectively communicate and advocate the overall product strategy and vision, as well as goals and objectives for specific initiatives.
· Solicit feedback to inform product evolution.
· This position reports to the Vice President of Product Management, UX and Analytics.
THE REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS/PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
· EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
· EXPERIENCE:8+ years of exceptional product management experience, preferably with at least some time at directly relevant e-commerce businesses.
· Strong proactive communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively are critical.
· Ability to negotiate without being adversarial.
· Good product manager instincts, such as saying "no" to most things to allow extreme focus on the critically important things.
· Skill in selling the product roadmap, explaining prioritization trade-offs.
· Empathy for the customer experience, as well as data analysis, should inform all decision making.
· Strong technical acumen to think critically and problem solve with back-end architects and developers.
· Experience being the product owner of one or more products, with a track record of successful releases and updates.
· Ability to lead projects across multiple teams and stakeholders through organization, collaboration and charisma.
· People management experience (specifically product managers) strongly desired.
· Technical background, experience as an engineer a plus.
· Superb written and oral communication skills.
· Experience in an Agile dev environment.
· E-Commerce experience a plus.
We’ve got you covered…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, a profit-sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
Still reading? Reach out directly to Mark Ray at email@example.com.
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at StartupTAP.