Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
We have had a phenomenal start. Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is an innovative transportation service operational in 43 cities from Morocco to Pakistan. With 30% monthly growth, we are one of the fastest growing companies in the region. Our recipe for success has been a team that thrives on challenges, is passionate about solving problems, is not afraid to work super hard, and is a true partner in the company through generous stock option grants. We have attracted strong regional and international investors and are positioned on the cusp of significant scale. Read more about us in the New York Times or Arabian Business.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Marketing Manager role is to lead the Marketing initiative within a designated region. Understanding what activities increase our revenues and building a strategy with deep insights into what works and doesn't work for the specific market. This role requires a high level of market understanding and requires a diverse skill set across multiple areas, including social media marketing, PR, event planning, strategic and conceptual thinking, content creation, and relationship management. Key responsibilities include:
• Build a country marketing plan that includes promotions and partnerships to increase revenue and meet monthly targets in area of responsibility that is correlated with the brand guidelines.
• Identify and build relationships with prominent influencers and thought leaders in our space. Ensure these relationships benefit both the company and individual
• Collaborate with management and other marketing colleagues, aligning our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships
• Deliver a great experience to our partners when working with our organization you will represent our brand and be our partners’ liaison internally
• Forecast, measure and report results on various projects with partners, including co-created and/or cobranded content promotions, lead sharing, and/or event partnerships
• Attend relevant events to evangelise the company mission and find likeminded individuals and companies to align with on future initiatives
• Maintain knowledge of geographical area of responsibility, especially major announcements, what would work and not work, and events
• Match our internal content creation with external influencers who would enjoy receiving it or want to contribute
• Develop new and creative approaches to working closer with influential members of our industry, and serve as a goto resource to other marketing team members.
• Assist with event planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for onsite collateral
• Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, communications, and marketing
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Careem.