GetintheLoop is looking for a highly-motivated, collaborative-minded software developer to help improve our existing API platform and core backend infrastructure.
We need someone excited about services and platforms, who likes to simplify, is always learning about new technologies, and just plain loves to build great software to help our customers succeed.
At GetintheLoop, you’ll get plenty of opportunities to learn, you'll collaborate with other outstanding engineers, and you'll play an active role in shaping our product and the future of our company. Our multinational team of super smart hackers offers a dynamic, fast paced, and informal work environment -- a true startup culture.
- Improve and enhance our existing REST API platform that powers all of GetintheLoop’s consumer apps
- Automate testing and deployments to ensure correct functionality and performance at scale
- Ensure that the live operations of the platform has appropriate monitoring & alerting that allow issues to be identifed and addressed quickly and effectively
- Work with latest cloud-based infrastructure tools and concepts to deliver everything above
- Participate in product and feature planning to constructively solve problems quickly and communicate the results to the rest of the company
- Report on progress and release schedules to the Technical Director, API & Platform
- Excellent communication skills and a sense of humor
- A degree in of Computer Science or related field, with 1-2 years of practical software development experience
- A solid understanding of REST principles and how they apply to network services and applications
- Knowledge of relational database design and experience with SQL
- Experience with the basics of OO software design, Test Driven Development (TDD), and development for Linux-based systems
- A passion for programming, a proactive attitude, and an ability to work independently
- Specific experience with any parts of our tech stack are a plus. This includes AWS (in particular Lambda , EB, RDS, Kinesis, S3, etc.), Python / Flask, PostgreSQL & PostGIS, Node.js, Docker, Git
- Startup experience and a public Github account are also both pluses
GITL is a membership driven, intelligent mobile marketing company that utilizes the latest in cloud based and mobile technology to connect premium businesses with their customer base.
Through a relationship with GITL, select business Partners create new revenue streams; maximize their brand awareness, customer engagement & customer loyalty and are provided with transactional data to support intelligent business decisions. Over the past year, GITL has grown to connect tens of thousands of members to hundreds of select Partners throughout Western Canada and are poised for rapid national and international growth.
- Competitive salary
- Employee Share Option Scheme
- Excellent opportunities for progression
- Informal fast paced startup culture