Destination Merchandising, Senior Manager
Marry customer experience, customer interest and business objectives – owning consumer product journey across platforms and measured by page level conversion (Viator.com, Viator Multilingual, Mobile)
You, the Destination Merchandising Senior Manager, will be hungry to tackle a marketplace merchandising puzzle on a global scale and have the analytical and creative chops to drive destination specific strategy and execution. Always keeping the customer in mind and being a passionate advocate for travel activities and tours, you will use your exceptional project management skills and effective marketing and merchandising strategies to build our merchandising plan.
To lead a team responsible for destination merchandising across Viator's sites and devices, you’ll need to be exceptionally versatile -- strategic enough to help establish our overall destination merchandising strategy and processes, analytical enough to synthesize data into actionable customer insights, and empathetic enough to get into the heads of our consumers and relentlessly improve their discovery experience.
You will have a keen understanding of how to maximize POS customer engagement and ultimately conversion through seasonal trends, past customer insights, sales forecasting, algorithms and customer traffic pattern pathing and optimizations.
You will be charged with having a view of the end to end customer experience in the catalog, and will be constantly analyzing and enhancing catalog performance by adjusting the levers at hand (example: content campaigns, promotions, editorial, design, trend forecasting, personalization and category assortment optimizations to name a few).
- Manage Destination Merchandising Across Viator.com, Viator Multi-Lingual sites, and Mobile experiences
- Responsible for entire destination site experience (Things to Do pages through Product Pages, Recommendation Pages and Attraction Pages)
- Accountable for engagement and conversion
- Accountable for commissioning content and recommendation / attraction programming
- Lead the development of assortment architecture, merchandise mix, and forecasting to maximize sales and profit for your team’s regions
- Accountable for Demand / Gap identification as well as product naming, pricing, images and content
- Accountable for proactively monitoring product quality in partnership with Product Merchandising Strategist and Analyst team (ratings/reviews, unproductive, defective)
- Lead execution of digital merchandising and seasonal strategies across team’s assigned regions and elevate campaign concepts to support and meet financial targets; identify specific category opportunities to maximize growth.
- Curate differentiated collections and gather insights on the competitive landscape to identify emerging product and category trends.
- Strategize and develop merchandising plans based on seasonal assortments, key stories and themes.
- Analyze and optimize website navigation based on assortment, best-selling categories and products.
- Drive regular re-merchandising using sales reporting, inventory data, analytics and strategies/directives from Head of Merchandising to drive demand, site freshness, and conversion.
- Manage tracking parameters to ensure proper tagging for reporting.
- Ensure optimal customer experience through site testing and monitoring site performance.
- Build seasonal proposals for paid marketing exposure across key categories and products.
- Collaborate with taxonomy on category clean up, and develop appropriate categories that support themes/campaigns.
- Identify and establishes destination-, category-, or campaign-level key performance indicators (KPIs), benchmarks, and forecasts
- Manage cross-sell/product recommendations for designated categories (in tbd tool).
- Utilize web analytics to analyze merchandise metrics/trends and drive improvements in category/product merchandising, cross-selling, on-site search, and category merchandising.
- Perform analysis, provide site reporting, and provide summaries and recommendations to optimize visitor conversion and RPV.
- Participate in identifying website enhancements based on current trends/competitors. Assist in defining requirements.
Conversion, Engagement, Exit Rate, RPV
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
Senior Manager: 5 - 7 years of relevant digital merchandising experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in merchandising for a mid-to-large size e-commerce retailer or B2C company with a history of making data driven decisions
- Proven track record of managing a team for results
- Extensive experience with iterative A/B merchandising testing
- Ability to clearly articulate and present merchandising strategy and results to small and large groups across the organization
- Experience working with Adobe Omniture
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and get stakeholder buy-in for initiatives
- A relentless focus on improving the site, the customer experience and a clear passion for driving the business
- An optimistic, can-do attitude and the ability to manage through unexpected bumps in the road with poise and positivity
- Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, including the insights into when to elevate roadblocks and to whom in order to not compromise project or initiative delivery
- Proven track record writing customer-facing content that is on-brand, relevant, and tailored to the internet shopper (clear and compelling CTA’s, Product Title Naming Strategy)
- Ability to solve complex problems quantitatively and qualitatively and develop clear, data-driven business recommendations
- Ability to work successfully with both business and technical teams across the organization
- Ability to analyze data quantitatively and use customer research, data and metrics to back up assumptions, identify opportunities, and assess the efficacy of marketing programs.
- Synthesize the analysis into clear action steps, providing recommendations and sharing learnings across the team