Mic is the premier news and media company for young people. With insightful stories and compelling perspectives, Mic engages an educated and mobile audience with the issues that define a generation. Each month, more than 30 million readers rely on Mic’s unique sensibility to stay informed and make sense of the world.
As a Brand Strategist at Mic, you will coordinate with Mic’s sales team to create proactive and reactive sales pitches. Ideal candidates will have a passion for managing detailed projects from start to finish and experience collaborating with cross-functional team members. You must have a deep understanding of the media landscape, the social web, and the underlying technologies that service successful media companies.
Support Mic’s sales team through the pre-sale process on proactive and reactive sales proposals
- Coordinate RFP ideation and final proposal submissions
- Generate ideas and package solutions for pre-sales pitches that are rooted in storytelling and insights
- Attend client meetings in partnership with Sales, serving as the Product/Marketing expert, presenting product insights, while receiving feedback firsthand and reporting back for production ideation
- Create new marketing opportunities, promotional ad products and sales materials, maximizing revenue potential through progressive digital advertising solutions
- Handle vetting concepts and solutions with appropriate channels
Be an expert in the field of past, present and future campaigns both internally at Mic and across the market
Experience & Skills:
- 1-3 years of Media Planning or Account Management experience
- Strong background in account management or integrated marketing at a leading publisher and agency
- Excellent computer skills – Highly proficient with Keynote, MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel (Photo Shop is a plus)
- A deep understanding of the sales and advertising landscape
- Proven knowledge of video, social media & influencer landscape, digital marketing, and integrated digital campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including negotiation and presentation skills
- Sharp business sense, resourceful, innovative and responsive to change
- Proven skills in problem solving, follow through, attention to detail and priority setting
- Ability to lead meetings and present information both internally and to clients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- A passion for creativity; the creative drive to develop rich, dynamic, and exceptionally effective advertising strategies
- Interested in learning
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Mic.