The Technical Writer will work with our Global Services team in a quality control and content development role to edit and produce client deliverables. You will review and edit client reports for overall clarity and conciseness, summarize technical reports by writing customer-facing documents, and assist with other writing projects as needed. The candidate will work to internally track and report metrics related to report deliverables, prepare procedural writing guides, as well as deliver internal presentations on technical writing. If you are passionate about writing, have an interest in cybersecurity, and are looking to work with a highly skilled technical team to produce meaningful client deliverables, then this may be the opportunity for you.
- Review and edit technical reports for both quality and consistency, with an emphasis on the use of professional and concise language
- Correct document spelling, grammar and formatting errors
- Keep metrics on report writing, quality, and common issues
- Engage with team members to collaborate on deliverables and process improvement
- Assist other Technical Writers in refining the technical editing process and procedural guides for the consultants
- Write clear and concise customer-facing documents that summarize security assessments
- Provide assistance to other service functions as needed to develop content, such as methodologies, executive summaries, and client presentations
- Research and validate existing content for accuracy and delivery of overall message
- Minimum 2+ years of professional writing and editing experience
- BA or BS Degree
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to edit and proofread highly technical language
- Proven ability to manage a high volume of documentation while ensuring delivery deadlines
- Ability to multi-task while working with a team and independently
- Capable of synthesizing information while review reports and preparing summary documentation
- Energized by technology and continuously looking to grow
- Must have or being willing to obtain ITIL 2011 Foundation Certification within the first 6 months of employment
- BA or BS Degree in English, Journalism, Computer Science or equivalent
- Technical experience or training in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Adobe Photoshop, and/or Adobe Illustrator
- A+, Network +, and/or Security + Certification
This job opening has been filled or removed by the company.
Try one of the other jobs at Rapid7.