The way businesses talk to people online today is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
is the first to bring sales, marketing & customer service products to one messaging platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations with the people that matter. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom is the only business messenger to let you talk to consumers just about anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email.
Intercom invented in-app messaging in 2011, and today more than 13,000 businesses use Intercom to reach a billion people around the world. Intercom has 300 employees split between its San Francisco headquarters and its Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding
What's the opportunity?
- Intercom helps thousands of businesses connect with hundreds of millions of users every day, and we’re just getting started. As we grow, we need people who can get their heads around the complex environment in which we operate, figure out what we need to do in order to scale up, and do it. We’re looking for someone who exhibits great dynamic range, has self-awareness, and can operate autonomously
- As a member of the Business Operations team, you’ll have a mandate to drive key decisions and initiatives. You'll be expected to collaborate with stakeholders across the company (Growth, Engineering, Marketing, Product and Sales) to get things done - and will get your hands dirty in the process. You'll need to construct persuasive cases for and against certain course of actions. You'll have executive-level visibility and a finger on the pulse of the overall business. As you learn and grow, you'll have the option of moving into a specific team to specialize - or you may choose to remain a generalist.
What will I be doing?
- You'll be tasked with specific projects that may require you to scope & define your involvement, proposed impact, key stakeholders, dependencies, etc.
- You'll figure out how to get the context / data you need in order to execute well: this might involve a lot of talking to people, or delving into our database, or both
- You'll create structure and visibility around what you're doing to keep all your stakeholders on the same page
- You'll identify the biggest points of leverage to drive the business forward, which will spawn new projects and opportunities
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of relevant experience: operating roles, consulting, finance, etc
- Comfortable writing basic SQL queries (or a willingness to learn fast)
- Familiarity with Excel (other analytics tools a plus)
- Ability to structure & present complex topics on the page, or in person
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!