The way businesses talk to people online today is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
Intercom is the first to bring sales, marketing & customer service products to one messaging platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations with the people that matter. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom is the only business messenger to let you talk to consumers just about anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email.
Intercom invented in-app messaging in 2011, and today more than 13,000 businesses use Intercom to reach a billion people around the world. Intercom has 300 employees split between its San Francisco headquarters and its Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
This position offers a candidate with the right experience set an opportunity to join an exciting and fast growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way that companies interact with their customers. In this role you will report to the VP of Sales and be responsible for driving the sales strategy for the EMEA region.
What will I be doing?
- Owning the entire sales owned revenue number in EMEA which includes both new business as well as customer retention and growth.
- Effectively managing the EMEA business from a place of operational excellence; effective activity management, sales forecasting, and systems and process adoption.
- Driving the revenue strategy for the EMEA region; identifying the best markets to prioritize and then working cross functionally to ensure the entire GTM team in EMEA is working in tandem to achieve goals.
- Providing excellent management to the current EMEA sales leaders and hiring and developing new talent as the region expands.
- Inspiring and leading the broader EMEA sales team spanning across different roles and experience levels.
- Effectively managing cross regional and cross functional relationships within Intercom to ensure excellent communication and collaboration
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years experience in Sales Management; 1+ years in second line leadership preferred
- 5+ years selling into the EMEA region; experience in more than one market within the region strongly preferred
- Experience leading a scaled and multifaceted team preferred
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously; experience driving cross functional collaborative projects strongly preferred
- A track record of delivering strong results with overall company success as top priority required
- Experience working in high-growth, performance-focused environments required
- Bachelor's Degree
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our roaming FlyeFit gyms in Dublin membership!
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done