TransferWise is the clever new way to move money between countries. Co-founded by Skype's first employee and backed by some of the planet's most experienced innovators, including Sir Richard Branson, PayPal founder Peter Thiel and Netscape founders Andreessen Horowitz, with the mission of disrupting the world of currency & international money transfer. That means flipping a gazillion dollar industry on its head and taking power away from banks and the establishment.
We're currently 400 + people strong and handling millions in customers' money every day. TransferWise is a 100% boredom-free zone. If you're looking for a stuffy financial company, the back button beckons, if you want to be part of something innovative and truly exciting, read on.
So, what’s the role?
Our fast-growing Operations team is looking for new ninjas who are passionate about international transfers and currencies, love to help customers and want to work in a disruptive, fast-growing and fun environment.
Would you love this job?
- Yes, if you would like to know more about how money moves around the world
- Yes, if you love complicated situations and investigating problematic transactions
- Yes, if you are into figuring out the technical side of payments processing
- Yes, if you are excited about the prospect of working with an incredibly international customer base and team
- No, if you prefer routine and changes get you stressed out
What you’ll do day-to-day.
- Ensure timely and compliant payments processing – keeping an eye on the payments engine and taking care of payments which need manual intervention
- Solve payments’ related problems
- Act as a point of contact between TransferWise and our partners
- Assist with accounts reconciliation
- Work with the Customer support team to make our customers happy
- Work with the product and development teams to identify actionable areas for improvement
- Collaborate with the Operations teams in Europe
You should have:
- 1 - 3 years of experience in responsible specialist role
- At least an Associate’s degree
- Flexibility in working hours
- Punctual, independent, proactive and willing to get things done
- Ability to multi-task and make decisions in critical situations
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Finance or banking background
- Fluency in Spanish
- Great environment
- All-expenses-paid company holidays in Europe
- Paid holidays, paid time off
- Medical, dental care, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, travel assistance, and an EAP program.
- Stock options