Originate is passionate about innovation. We partner with Startups and Enterprises to Design, Build, and Operate transformative software moving the world towards an AI-Native Future and production as a service model.
Our Technology Environment
- Languages come and languages Go, but technology is always moving forward. Our team is always pushing.
- New products are built primarily using Scala, RoR, Node.js, and any number of front-end technologies (React, Ember, Angular...). Mobile development is either iOS or Android.
- You’ll find individuals hacking with everything else (Haskell, Clojure, Go, Scheme, Meteor…) and we’re always ready to use a new language or a new framework when it’s ready or when a project dictates.
- We work in small, fast-paced, cross-functional, agile teams.
What Makes Us Different
- Our success is built upon our amazing team. You will work with smart, creative, and humble people that are passionate about building things, solving problems, and collaboration.
- We value your passions and interests. At Originate, 20% of your company time you can work on your own side-project/startup no strings attached; read more here.
- We believe in the power of shared outcomes. Through our Profit Sharing Program, you can share in 50% of Originate’s global profit.
- We offer a flexible schedule and an open vacation policy.
Originate is looking for a Head of Engineering to help build, guide and grow one of the best software teams in Los Angeles!
If you can lead/grow a team of outstanding engineers and still maintain hand's-on expertise, we want to meet you!
- 5-10 years experience as a Software engineer with recent experience in at least one of our primary technologies: Scala, Node.js, Rails, iOS, Android.
- Experience with functional programming and/or the following is a strong plus: Haskell, OCaml, Clojure, Erlang
- Ideal candidate has experience with enforcing best practices, tuning engineering process, TDD, code reviews, and CI.
- Ideal candidate has built and provided technical leadership for teams of 5-20 engineers.
- Any background in consulting or partner facing software development is a nice plus.
- BS or MS in CS, Computer Engineering, EE, or Math is strongly preferred.