JW Player is looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer that knows the Media & Entertainment space inside out. A thought leader with strong technical skills that will provide valuable, world-class technical guidance and solution proposals to JW Player’s largest prospects, customers, and partners in the digital marketing and media industries.
In this role:
- You will Maintain a knowledge fluency of JW Player and Platform products
- You will act as the customer’s main technical point of contact and lead the sale to a technical close.
- You will confidently present and articulate the business value of the our solutions and products to managers and executives of all levels
- You will understand the competitive landscape in video technology, and position JW Player product value in that ecosystem
- You will manage and execute client-facing information gathering and demos of JW Player's products and deliver technical pre-sales presentations focused on the needs of prospective publishers.
- You will support the RFI/RFP process by providing thorough responses to technical requirements
- You will work closely with senior management to internalize feedback to align with sales processes.
- You will constantly improve, increase value and be an essential part of the JW Player Sales Team
- You will contribute to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- You will Attain quarterly and annual objectives
- 5+ years experience as a Sales Engineer or Solutions Architect
- Strong presentation skills including experience presenting technical details to a wide-ranging audience.
- Superior writing skills for responding to RFI/RFPs and for business communications with customers.
- Demonstrated experience in problem identification and resolution with hands-on approach to solving tactical and strategic problems
- Experience interfacing with Product, Product Marketing & Marketing to maximize message, sales and client acquisition
- Successfully handle the ever-changing landscape of sales and product
- Solutions focused attitude and delight in interacting with clients
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and pay attention to details
- Technical sales or support in SaaS organizations, preferably video or ads tech.
- Experience with backend development (PHP, Python)
- Experience in the OTT space.
- Experience with Value Selling Methods
JW Player is venture-funded, online video software company centrally located in midtown Manhattan. Our team culture allows you to manage your own timelines and projects while being a part of the fastest growing tech industry—online video. Our flagship product, the JW Player, is deployed on over 2 million websites and streams billions of videos each month. It is used by a diverse group of publishers, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individual bloggers. Our family of products also include video hosting, live streaming, video analytics and a recommendations engine; all key components of the video stack for publishers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.