We sell cars but we’re not car salesmen. We saw a huge problem with how sucky it can be to buy a car and our mission is to unsuck car buying, every step of the way. We don’t see ourselves as an innovation company. But in the interest of making car buying better, we create technologies that have never been created.
We have big hearts and big dreams. Forbes recently named us in the top 5 most promising companies in America, but we want to be number one.
We’re not a big, bloated company with layers of people, all afraid to say ‘yes’. You have a voice in the direction we’re headed and we like to think that’s pretty powerful. For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
A Director of Financial Reporting/ Technical Accounting to join a rapidly growing organization. This individual is responsible for leading the internal and external financial reporting process and, preparing the consolidated financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This individual will also prepare annual financial statements as well as monthly / quarterly internal reports and, lead the process for determining accounting treatment over complex technical accounting issues. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Manage and coordinate all external reporting including annual financial statements, monthly reports to investors, and the possible S-1 for an IPO.
- Research and determine the company’s position on technical accounting issues and new accounting guidance.
- Maintain the external reporting calendar and ensures the timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements.
- Develop an internal reporting package to management detailing financial performance including both GAAP and non-GAAP financials and metrics.
- Handles all complex accounting matters such as stock compensation, transfer of financial assets, VIE considerations, loan portfolio, and other areas as needed
- Coordinate with the Company’s external auditors and manages the year-end audit process as well as possible S-1 process.
- Coaches and develops team members
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Accounting or related field
- CPA required
- Strong leadership and motivational skills, prior management of teams is a must
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience, including both public company and public accounting firm experience.
- Big 4 public accounting audit experience, ideally through manager-level
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
- Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.