Smarkets is a disruptive fintech startup and one of the fastest growing and most profitable companies per employee in Europe. We've built an event exchange, also known as a prediction market, which allows customers to trade on various events such as sports, political and current affairs. Our strength is technology and trading, with a passion to push the known boundaries of real-time financial technology.
We have been listed as one of 10 European startups to watch by the Wall Street Journal and in 2017, were named the 25th fastest-growing company in Europe in the inaugural FT1000 ranking. In September 2017, Smarkets was #2 in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
We are present in London, Malta and Los Angeles, having a total headcount of 110 employees with more than 35 nationalities. We’re searching for a highly organised and resourceful Office Assistant to work alongside our Office Manager in our London HQ. The ideal candidate should have a genuine interest in building up his/her career in Office Management, be a great problem solver, enjoy working closely with people and be an excellent multi-tasker. Not one day is the same and there are many untapped opportunities to make Smarkets an even better place to work in. Our Office Management team has a crucial role in this.
Your Role will include:
- Being the “go-to” person for staff requests
- Ensuring that all facilities are operational
- Working with the Office manager to ensure that the office runs smoothly and efficiently
- Overseeing the tidiness and cleanliness of the office
- Onboarding setup (e.g. workstations, access cards)
- Stocktaking and ordering supplies (e.g. food/drinks/stationery)
- Handling Couriers/Mail/Parcels
- Researching suppliers/venues and obtaining quotes
- Managing external relationships with suppliers
- Maintaining furniture and IT equipment inventories
- Providing basic office IT support (e.g. printers, audit visual equipment, video conferencing)
- Assisting with event organisation (from researching to managing)
- Booking travel and accommodation
- Carrying out ad hoc tasks/projects
- Looking at ways to improve systems and enhance the office
Your Role will require:
- Some prior experience in office management/support
- Some work schedule flexibility (although seldom needed)
- Excellent organisational skills - prioritise and perform multiple tasks seamlessly
- Hands on and a can-do attitude
- Great attention to detail
- An emphatic approach with great interpersonal skills
- Calm demeanour and the ability to self-motivate in the face of adversity
- A healthy dose of autonomy and ownership of projects/assignments
- A practical approach, great problem solving and ability to think in your feet
- Ability to thrive in a regularly changing environment
- Good execution, whilst holding up to high quality standards
- Someone reliable and collaborative
- The ability to look for ways to improve systems and the work environment
It's a Bonus if you:
- Have prior startup working experience or within a fast-growing environment
- Have a good knowledge of basic IT support
- Have an interest in technology and working in a highly technical environment
- Have previous event organisation experience
- Self-managed environment
- A great organisational culture
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner cooked by our 3 in-house chefs
- Various drinks and snacks
- Monthly company events
- Fun work environment
- Meditation and family friendly rooms
- Workplace massages
The salary ranges between £25k and £30k (although flexible) and it will be dependent on experience and the skills you bring into the role. You will also be awarded a select amount of stock options and take part in our profit sharing scheme, should the company be profitable.
Only candidates with previous Office Management/Administration experience should apply.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role.
This is a full-time job based at our head office at 1 Commodity Quay, St Katharine Docks, London, E1W 1AZ. Please note that we will be unable to provide Visa sponsorship for this role.