TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
In this role, you'll provide support to the Global Renewals Manager, taking responsibility for basic operations on the sales floor, and dealing with escalated customer issues while liaising between other departments.
The Team Lead will work alongside The Global Renewals Manager (GRM) providing support in the responsibility for organizing workload and staff training, development and mentoring. Ensuring that all product renewals, such as FlipKey and Vacation Home, are processed in line with company objectives and business Key Performance Indicators. This role will be based out of our Boston office and will oversee a direct report as well a small team of offshore agents based in Manilla. Light international travel will be expected and initial training will take place in Oxford, England alongside the GRM and the Oxford based Renewals Team Lead.
Key Objectives of the role include:
- Listen to agent calls regularly following the quality assurance program. Provide feedback to the agents and ensure that minimum acceptance thresholds are upheld.
- Provide escalation support for all agents offering guidance in managing objections and preventing escalating complaints.
- Work together with Customer Support/Quality and training teams to ensure uniform messaging provided through all call centers and teams.
- Using CRM tools to run reports on team output and communicate to GRM and Senior Management team as well as provide clear measurable results to all agents.
- Monitor and ensure that all cases are allocated correctly and progression of all cases is worked in line with our agreed working practice preventing any case allocation from becoming interrupted.
- Educate the team in key marketing messaging and ensure that all CRM tool templates are updated to reflect this messaging at all times providing correct information to our customers.
- Work closely with offshore leaders and trainers to ensure full understanding/compliance of renewals policies and provide measurable input/output results.
- Ensure all customer accounts/cases are up-to-date and that agents respond to queries within any stage of the renewals process
- Deliver and communicate business updates throughout the team ensuring all updates are clearly and rationally understood and full compliance is undertaken.
- To have a thorough knowledge of the company and our products and express enthusiasm when communicating this to customers, understanding that they see you as representing the company as a whole
- Manage relationships with Sales, Service and Product teams to implement projects and provide feedback.
This role offers a unique opportunity for someone with great organizational skills. Being successful in this role requires a strong sense of fairness and a keen interest and commitment in training, development and mentoring, with a huge focus on timely delivery to agents.
- 2+ years' experience in a sales, sales retention or marketing role
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to listen and deliver feedback to agents
- Consultative approach to be able to work with both the agents and business best interests
- Confident manner and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly analytical
- Professional manner and personal integrity
- Able to be flexible and to thrive in a hardworking team
- A strong problem solver with the ability and willingness to take ownership & resolve issues with clients
- Strong world geographical knowledge and previous experience in the vacation hospitality market is desirable
- General IT competence. Must be experienced in using a PC with MS Excel and CRM tools (preferably Salesforce)
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to succeed in a fast-pasted environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of work experience