The General Manager at Brainly is no doubt the most challenging business role our rapidly-growing startup can offer. You are the one who will take responsibility for development of our platform on the RU market. You will accelerate Brainly’s presence in the one of the most mature and stable markets across the globe. You we will be given freedom, accountability and tools needed to implement new and creative solutions that would put us on an even higher level of performance in the area of international expansion. You will be given a chance to prove your skills on RU market and become a role-model for us in strategic business approach.
What will you do/be:
- Strategic and operational management plus responsibility for market growth – measuring and analyzing all relevant actions, forecasting needs and goals, building traffic and content base
- Have influence on and initiate product changes
- Shape and lead a team of specialists connected with RU market: coaching and challenging team members to constant development and growth as a team/individually, recruit new team members
- Raise brand awareness and increase market penetration on Russian market through partnerships and marketing actions
- Partner with leadership team to develop and implement monetization strategy on Russian market.
- Supervise, coach and support: Content Management, Community Management, Marketing & PR, Partnerships
- Be a leader of change/leading by example to achieve planned goals
To be our General Manager you need to have/be:
- At least 8 years of experience in a highly developing start-up, with proven success in accelerating growth of RU market
- Experience and ability to lead a team, initiate action, influence, advise and coach others
- Proven success leading early stage company through revenue growth (defining and testing monetization models, driving revenues etc.). Experience with monetizing consumer audience through subscriptions will be an advantage
- Experienced General Manager that has managed a P&L and has a strong understanding for product market fit
- Functional expertise in go-to-market poesitions such as sales, business development, marketing and product
- Experience working with an internationally distributed team, and a company that has global reach
Your personal characteristics:
- Solid metrics and analytical skills, using data to make informed business decisions
- Hands-on and visible in the day-to-day business
- Understanding and aligning with Brainly’s mission, core values and potential for the business
- Inspirational, entrepreneurial leader with proven experience building a talented team
- Willingness to travel
- Some of our benefits: absolutely no dress code, flexible working hours, opportunity to work remotely from time to time, company lunches on Thursdays, private medical healthcare for you and your family, company events, and more.
- We happily support your participation in conferences, trainings, courses (financially and time-wise)
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the place to learn, for students, by students. We are the world’s largest social learning community bringing middle school and high school students together to make learning outside the classroom highly engaging, effective and rewarding. Students connect to their peers to help strengthen their skills, from math, to science, to history and beyond.
Founded in 2009, Brainly is one of the most promising and fastest growing internet businesses in the EdTech space with over 60 million monthly users. Based in New York City and Kraków, Poland, Brainly is currently available in over 35 countries and has 12 language versions. Brainly has closed a $15M Series B round of funding led by the global internet and entertainment group, Naspers, to bring total funding from existing investors including General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital to $27M.