The way businesses talk to people online today is broken. Intercom is fixing it.
is the first to bring sales, marketing & customer service products to one messaging platform, helping businesses avoid the stiff, spammy status quo and have real conversations with the people that matter. Designed to feel like the messaging apps you use every day, Intercom is the only business messenger to let you talk to consumers just about anywhere: inside your app, on your website, across social media and via email.
Intercom invented in-app messaging in 2011, and today more than 13,000 businesses use Intercom to reach a billion people around the world. Intercom has 300 employees split between its San Francisco headquarters and its Dublin R&D office, and has raised $116M in venture funding.
What's the opportunity?
As a one of our first Sales Engineers, you will be a key and founding member of the team; focused on helping us define the role and scale the team. A Sales Engineer at Intercom is someone who is both passionate about the Intercom product and consulting customers on the successful deployment of Intercom into a business’ systems.
At Intercom, we are striving to do sales differently. We are asking our customers to put Intercom at the core of their businesses, and we can only do this by putting them at the core of ours. A big part of this mission is educating a customer and guiding the customer to the optimal setup to derive value from Intercom’s product. You will be partnering with our Account Executive team to explore, test, and consult customers on the ideal setup to meet their goals.
We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. In joining the Sales and Sales Engineering team at Intercom, you join a community that believes in development and promotion from within. As a rapidly expanding business, there is a lot of opportunity for progression.
What will I be doing?
Support the sales team by taking a consultative role in customers’ evaluation and implementation processes, help the customer understand what is possible with Intercom, make architectural recommendations, verify and test configuration issues. Articulate and educate technical and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, C level management, and non-technical audiences.
- Perform technical discovery with prospects and quickly architect/build proposed solutions using Intercom products
- Successfully manage and execute technical proof of concepts (POCs), on-site or remote
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Quickly understand a customer's’ business goals and translate them into an effective technical implementation
- Document and organize technical solutions database
- Collect feedback from the field, synthesize, analyze and channel to Product Management and Engineering for product roadmap
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science
- 1-2 years experience as Sales Engineer, Implementation Consultant, Customer Success Engineer
- Experience working with Java, PHP, Node.JS, Ruby, Python, .NET, etc
- Previous experience with problem solving in a troubleshooting environment
- Desire to learn new development frameworks, practices, and approaches.
- Passion for consulting and tactical empathy to apply and present complex solutions effectively
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to explain complex topics in easily understood, concise language [English]
Bonus skills & attributes
- Second EMEA based language, French, German or Spanish
- Experience working with Segment.com Integrations
- Deeper understanding of backend infrastructure
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our roaming FlyeFit gyms in Dublin membership!
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done